account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Why To Never Buy a Sony Product.

Adviser
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: Why To Never Buy a Sony Product.

Indeed , a betrayed customer who can't be ignored is not wanted by Sony or anyone, because they cost money. But yes, let's focus on the root topic of why is a faulty phone model still being sold?

Emperor
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

@Borjaider

I understand that you had an issue with your phone, you are entitled to your opinion BUT do NOT spread rumors, thanks. The user has not provided any pictures of the cracked screen, you shouldn't assume that the phone its faulty just because you had an issue with yours it doesn't mean that the same is true for him. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

Uliwooly Wrote:

"Here in the US, if you buy the phones directly from Sony you can buy an accidental damage coverage, which covers EVERYTHING but theft and/or misplaced/lost the phone, for a $600 phone it's about $80. I don't understand why is it that you don't want to post pictures of the screen, either or, since you bought the phone form Amazon, you should contact them and report back or not. "

So Sony customers should be prepared to spend alot of money and fork over an additional $80 and hope that their phone is covered.

Uliwooly Wrote:
"On a side note, you can google any other brand that the screen "cracked" on a similar situation were they had a case and a protective glass."

So Sony's customer support position is that our phones are as bad as others.  Don't think the ad department will run with that one.

Uliwooly Wrote:
"Lets focus on the topic, he should contact Amazon and see what his options are."

It's great that you think Amazon should be accountable and not Sony.

Borjaider Wrote:
"It is no harassment to point out that your product is fragile and faulty, and that you must take responsibility for it. Nor it is to inform that you will not renounce to your rights as a customer."

Thanks Borjaider.  I would assume by Sony support's position any bad review or legal action is considered harassment.

Uliwooly
"I understand that you had an issue with your phone, you are entitled to your opinion BUT do NOT spread rumors, thanks."

Obviously any negative comments on Sony phones are placed into two categories.  Harassment or rumors.

Uliwooly Wrote:

"I'm sorry to hear that, but a case and/or film/glass protector doesn't guarantee that the screen won't get damaged, if they promised that then you should contact them directly, with that said, the screen can't crack on it's on, perhaps the protective case was too tight and created stress on the phone/screen, or you sat on it, or you hit it, really hard to tell what caused this problem; you can post pictures of the phone and perhaps someone can find the point of impact/stress."

Uliwooly Wrote:
"The user has not provided any pictures of the cracked screen, you shouldn't assume that the phone its faulty just because you had an issue with yours it doesn't mean that the same is true for him."

Does this mean that you are changing your position from your first post. That the crack may be due to manufacturer defect?  If so I will gladly post a photo.

Highlighted
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

Hi Amalgon,

You have to go the the shop where you bought the phone and insist on repair under warranty, rather then playing the drum on this forum.

I love Xperia, mainly due to the beautiful pictures it makes AND the Android software upgrades.

That is Why I will Always Buy a Sony Xperia Smartphone :-)

Good luck with your discussion with Amazon!

Emperor
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

@Amalgom

This is the US, you can buy extended warranty on pretty much everything, you know that, if you want to take me out of context, it's up to you, but it is a smart idea to buy insurance on expensive electronics, cars, etc not necessary but it's wise. You bought your phone through Amazon, contact them and report back. 

Just like if you buy any other product at lets say bestbuy, you will have to go through them, to get it inspected, and see if it fall within warranty; I don't quite understand why is it so hard to see the logic behind what I said, you can check on other forums from different brands, apple, samsung, htc, etc and check for cracked screens and how they handle it.

I know its frustrating to have a cracked screen but this is a user based forum, posting here over and over, getting my comments out of context or any animosity its not going to repair your phone. Just contact Amazon and let us know what they say. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

Why To Never Buy a Sony Product 2

So magically I can't reply on that topic anymore, that one where Sony staff told a customer that pursuing his contractual rights was "harassment".

That very same Sony staff said I should "not spread rumors" about cracked screen. Well, let me turn that into a fact:

Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact users massively complain about randomly cracking glass

http://www.myce.com/news/sony-xperia-z3-and-z3-compact-users-massively-complain-about-randomly-crack...

I wasn't going to answer anymore, but the Sony staff attitude is outrageous, menacing and blustering. What kind of company treats their customers like that? I can understand a faulty phone, but this is beyond disappointing.