account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Where to send out-of-warranty Z3 Compact for repair?

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Where to send out-of-warranty Z3 Compact for repair?

Hey all...

My old Z3 Compact's digitizer no longer works properly.  The Sony support person I spoke with told me to use their "Software Repair" process via Xperia Companion.  I don't think that would have worked anyway, as this definitely looks like a hardware problem; however, I tried to use it.  Unfortunately, that's impossible, because the places on the screen I'm required to tap on in order to get it to work just happen to correspond to some of the dead areas of the digitizer.

The support person said that Sony doesn't do out-of-warranty repairs on Xperia devices, and that I should contact a third party to do so.  They didn't have any lists of places to contact to do that.

Does anyone know of any good 3rd parties who do this work?