account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Volume control problems when using bluetooth aptX

Inhabitant
Message 11 of 21
Message 11 of 21

Re: Volume control problems when using bluetooth aptX

Btw, I certainly don't think Sony should be let off the hook here. HTC made the effort to ensure that Bluetooth worked properly for their users by proper testing (of the AVRCP profile implementation in this case), and so should Sony.  But we know from frequent buggy updates that this is one of their weak points ...

Message 12 of 21
Message 12 of 21

I have z1 and Philips Bluetooth speaker same problem here, after pair speaker plays sound in full volume, when I press volume up or down buttons on mobile, volume slider control comes on screen and only slider moves but has no effect on volume level. Speaker plays only in full volume. Then I paired these speakers with xperia sp and xperia mini then volume control works well. So that is kitkat problem.

I wrote my problem to Sony cutomer care but they reply, they only solve original Sony accessories not any third party.
Apprentice
Message 13 of 21
Message 13 of 21

I contacted Sony about this and, as expected, they just said this is how it works atm. I really don't see how this is acceptable. Is this a problem with only some devices? Are there any devices out there that this particular implementation works with correctly?

One time poster
Message 14 of 21
Message 14 of 21

When i pair with my Bose Soundlink mini, I do not get any volume at all despite setting both the speaker and phone volume on full. It does show that it's paired, but not sound at all. Wonder what's going on here.

Regular
Message 15 of 21
Message 15 of 21

I have a Z1 Compact with the same issue and while browsing the net for answers I ran into a couple of interesting threads. Other brands have had this issue, as it seems to be something introduced by a change to bluetooth volume handling in 4.4.

The result with my APT-X Creative T4 Wireless v2 speakers is that the absolute lowest volume setting on the speakers is a bit louder then what I would prefer. If I turn the volume 1 click lower, volume is muted/off. 

Motorola fixed it: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/210f1c3347?page=2

Some other major brands don't have the issue. 

Throwing music doesn't seem to make any difference. Or maybe I don't understand what is meant by throw music. To me it looks like throw music just connects to the speaker. Or disconnects if I want that. Nothing else. 

Apprentice
Message 16 of 21
Message 16 of 21

Quick update: I've just been to a hi-fi store and tried pairing the phone with a number of Bluetooth aptX speakers, including AudioPro T9, AudioPro T10, Marshall Stanmore and the Sony SRS-X9 and with all these devices I could control the volume from the phone as well as from the speaker. So it seems to be an issue with the Loewe speaker and not the Z3C. I would have to try with another device running 4.4.4 to see if this is a problem. Or it could be the aptX implementation

Apprentice
Message 17 of 21
Message 17 of 21

I've just discovered Z3 Compacts inability to drive my Bose Soundlink Mini independently from manually having to change the speaker. My previous Galaxy S4 mini gave me no problems here at all.
This is the second, separate, issue I have found today. I am really starting to doubt my reasons for acquiring this phone and going back to Samsung.
Apprentice
Message 18 of 21
Message 18 of 21

Just a quick update on the above. Finally managed to get my Z3 Compact and Bose Soundlink Mini to talk. However, I had to turn the sound right up on the former to hear anything. I was then able to manipulate the sound from the phone, but only down as I was as I already at maximum. It was then back to the external device. This is just way too complicated, my previous S4 Mini made a straight Bluetooth connection and sound control worked.
Visitor
Message 19 of 21
Message 19 of 21

I agree, my Z2 worked just fien before Lollipop, now I cannot adjust the volume on my bluetooth speakers at all. It is set to 100% and that is it.

Pointkless to have "bluetooth wireless speakers" if I have to walk up to them every  time I need to adjust the volume... I hope sony/Android fix this.

Alsom my FM radio stoped working when I enabe the "OK Google" voice option on any screen... geeze...

One time poster
Message 20 of 21
Message 20 of 21

Hi,

I had exactly the very same problem with a "Etekcity® RoverBeats Unify" bluetooth 4.0  receiver. It works correctly when paired with other android devices based on either lollipop or kitkat.

Volume is very high (and hence audio is distorted) and volume control does not take any effects but some beeps.

So I suspect it is due to some bug of sony bluetooth software stack, but I have no idea about how to raise a software defect to them.