account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Unlocked Xperia Z3 Compact on AT&T?

SOLVED
Adept
Message 21 of 27
Message 21 of 27

Re: Unlocked Xperia Z3 Compact on AT&T?

It worked "right out of the box" for me - including LTE.

Hope this helps,

John

Rookie
Message 22 of 27
Message 22 of 27

First off thank you for the reply, as dealing with ATT in my part of the world is worse than a root canal with out pain killers, that said, what kind of visual indications do you recieve that lets you know that you are recieving LTE service

Adept
Message 23 of 27
Message 23 of 27

Indeed - it is my pleasure!

Sorry to hear about your local AT&T store! By comparision - my local store has been tremendous.  I've been a customer since 2007 (first version of the iPhone) and they've been a terrific resource. I'm very biased, however - as they got my one of my iPhones set-up remotely (I was in Haiti during that time) during the earthquake - and post earthquake for rescue and recovery. All calls were free, as was all data - which really assisted while coordinating rescue efforts. Returning to the US was quite impossible - so my local store did it for me remotely...

Anyway - my Z3C came in from HK just after the Sony release overseas. The firmware is a bit different then those imported from the UK, as I understand? Therefore, mine showed "LTE" immediately as opposed to what the UK phones show (only "H+", even on LTE). As well - mine immediately showed  H or H+ or LTE depending on the connection. And doing a Spedtest - when running on LTE, had the same throughput as my wife's iPhone 5S on LTE - so, indeed - it was at LTE bandwidth/speed.

Hope this helps and my best always!

- John 

Rookie
Message 24 of 27
Message 24 of 27

Thank you

Visitor
Message 25 of 27
Message 25 of 27

The above detailed instructions for what to enter worked immediately for me, and that is with using an att micro sim I cut down to a nano.

Visitor
Message 26 of 27
Message 26 of 27

I have an unlocked Z3 C and brokeman's instruction on what to enter worked well for me.

One time poster
Message 27 of 27
Message 27 of 27

Maybe you don't have the right sub model.. you need D5803.  This one is optimal for use in the US.