account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Unfortunately Exchange Service Stopped

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Unfortunately Exchange Service Stopped

After upgrade to lollipop I am no longer to sync with my calendar from Outlook.com. I don't sync e-mails. All I get is that message about stopping the Exchange service. I did clear accounts, email and calendar data - to no avail.

It is extremely annoying because I am not able to use the phone in the way I've done so far and bringing it back to the previous firmware is not possible.

Is anyone having an idea how to solve it?

Tech support - looking forward to immediate solution or a qick patch.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unfortunately Exchange Service Stopped

This is a user based forum, you have to contact Sony directly

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

This is a user based forum, you have to contact Sony directly

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

HkN
One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Could you please give an update about exchange issue?
This is also a big problem for me and most probably I will shift to Apple if you cannot solve the problem.
If it is already solve please direct me...
Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Unfortunately there's no good solution.

This is a built-in sony e-mail aplication that causes that problems with exchange/hotmail accounts.

A partial circumvent which I have employed is:

1. Mail Wise - for syncing contacts. It can also sync a calendar, but if you use more than one for your account - this app is a no-go

2. Microsoft Outlook appilcation - for calendars. This one in turn doesn't integrate with phone built-ion calendar and contacts.

Surprisingly, there's not much for Sony to make their app one of the best choices but they seem to pay no attention to what they did.

I hope this stupid bug will cause severe backlash and stir some reasonable people out there (if there are any) to take immediate action.

Anyway - you're lucky if you can switch to iPhone. For myself it's not an alternative yet....

Visitor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

On the http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/outlook/to-go

This app doesn't integrate with system calendar and contacts which for the latter makes it totally useless. For calendars it's the only choice if you have more than one on your account.

Happy to learn about other solutions that combine those both features seamlessly....

Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hello I am pleased (in one sense, sorry for you too) that there are other people who have a similar problem. I am a long time almost exclusive Sony user across many devices (and recently much to the derision of my friends who have long since abandoned Sony as a progressive, reliable Tech giant). I bought a new Z3 phone in December (after 8 straight Sony earlier versions) and have been running Exchange ActiveSync successfully since then (mainly business activities). Installed the Lollipop upgrade on Friday 17th April and Activesync no longer works. Can't even get it to connect to the server. Our company tech guy can mirror my ActiveSync account on a Samsumg and an Apple and have it work perferectly but not on the Z3 anymore. Sony Support useless and don't want to know (although issued a troubleshoot reference number). The Outlook solution you refer to is an inadequate work around which should not be necessary in the first place. It will "do" but only just and is not what Sony should be aiming for in this highly competitive market. 

Also didn't like the removal of fhe Face Unlock function. It was flakey but it did sometimes save time.