account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

The home, back button and app selector buttons are not working (the three bottom virtual buttons).

Pioneer
Message 11 of 24
Message 11 of 24

Re: The home, back button and app selector buttons are not working (the three bottom virtual buttons

@donkeydude wrote:
So my choice is, wipe my phone and update, but I don't want to update as the latest update does not help the battery last very long as I understand it.

Or deal with this major glitch using Glove mode forever more!? Face with rolling Eyes

So there's a new version of software available for your smartphone? Where have heard that this new software update/upgrade affects usage times? Are you sure it's not just one or two isolate cases which may not be related to new software?

Perhaps this new software update/upgrade will address your issues?

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
One time poster
Message 12 of 24
Message 12 of 24

Re: The home, back button and app selector buttons are not working (the three bottom virtual buttons

My z3 compact has just started having the same issues, with the three bottom buttons not responding.occasionally one will work.the phone hasnt been dropped or damaged.

Adviser
Message 13 of 24
Message 13 of 24

@gregoryopera wrote:

@donkeydude wrote:
So my choice is, wipe my phone and update, but I don't want to update as the latest update does not help the battery last very long as I understand it.

Or deal with this major glitch using Glove mode forever more!? Face with rolling Eyes

So there's a new version of software available for your smartphone? Where have heard that this new software update/upgrade affects usage times? Are you sure it's not just one or two isolate cases which may not be related to new software?

@gregoryopera wrote:

@donkeydude wrote:

That's the thing, I pretty sure it's an update that has caused it, an update that I was not aware of. Now you see the poster below has the same issues, I'm reading in others places the same problems with the Z3 compact.

Again I ask is there a Sony or Android representative here that can feed this back and get a patch sent out so we don't all have to wipe our phones, "upgrade" or anything else??

Adviser
Message 14 of 24
Message 14 of 24

Which version of Android are you running on your Z3?

Adviser
Message 15 of 24
Message 15 of 24

@gregoryopera wrote:

@donkeydude wrote:

O.k. so I tried to repair the phone doing as suggested, Repair on the Xperia Companion and the problem persists after "repair". I know the screen is not broken because the virtual buttons work with glove mode. So..... what next?

Pioneer
Message 16 of 24
Message 16 of 24

@donkeydude,

A repair at an Authorized Repair Center.

You've tried everything else and nothing has worked... So a repair at an Authorized Repair Center is your only remaining option.

You can contact your local Sony Customer Care Team and they will be able to put you in touch with your nearest Authorized Repair Center...

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Adviser
Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

But if it's a software problem will a repair centre do that? If so and they can repair software isssues I would ask why I can't do it myself with careful instructions?

Adviser
Message 18 of 24
Message 18 of 24

I phoned up the care centre and I will be charged way too much for them to repair something I know to be a software glitch. Remember that the navigation bar works in Glove mode and this glitch happened overnight, phone working one day, turned it off and the next morning not working.

I've gone through all the steps and no software repair or reset is working.

I suspect Sony sends or builds in a software glitch so you have to buy a new phone. Why do I think this?
I looked at the date I had started using my phone and the software glitch coincides with 3 years to the day that the glitch happened, coincidence? I think not!
Very poor from Sony!
Message 19 of 24
Message 19 of 24

@donkeydude

It's probably a hardware issue and not a software one. The lower part of the digitizer seems to be losing its sensitivity.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 20 of 24
Message 20 of 24

@Quester wrote:

@donkeydude

It's probably a hardware issue and not a software one. The lower part of the digitizer seems to be losing its sensitivity.

@donkeydude,

@Quester's theory makes more sense, but regardless, the Authorized Repair Center will test your smartphone before handing it back/sending it back to you... So if their tests show that the issue is still present, then obviously it has not been fixed and the Authorized Repair Center will need to keep it for a little longer whilst they work out why the issue hasn't been fixed.