account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Swipe issue, unwanted "bounce-back" effect

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 11 of 42
Message 11 of 42

Re: Swipe issue, unwanted "bounce-back" effect

I'm thinking the glove-enabling techology -even with glove mode turned off- results in the touch screen being a bit too sensitive: it seems that when I use "lighter" swipes (shorter, and lifting my finger higher from the screen immediately after a swipe) then the issue doesn't really happen at all. So people who are not encountering the issue might just be people who are already used to doing lighter swipes.

Adept
Message 12 of 42
Message 12 of 42

You know what???

I believe you are correct.!!!  As one of the idiots who first replied to you - in fact - if I press "hard" on the screen when swiping - I can in fact make your "bounce back" happen.?  Not always - but yes, especially in the app panel...

Hey - I'm the one who tried Glove Mode first??  HA!!!

- John

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 13 of 42
Message 13 of 42

@JohnD wrote:

You know what???

I believe you are correct.!!!  As one of the idiots who first replied to you - in fact - if I press "hard" on the screen when swiping - I can in fact make your "bounce back" happen.?  Not always - but yes, especially in the app panel...

Hey - I'm the one who tried Glove Mode first??  HA!!!

- John

Are you trying to make fun of me?

Adept
Message 14 of 42
Message 14 of 42

Nope - not at all..!  Sorry you took it that way...

In fact - I can replicate what you see by pressing on the screen harder then I usually do.

- John

Commissioner
Message 15 of 42
Message 15 of 42

@JohnD wrote:

Nope - not at all..!  Sorry you took it that way...

In fact - I can replicate what you see by pressing on the screen harder then I usually do.

- John

Ah, alright.

Yeah, I noticed I don't get the odd behavior if I swipe more lightly. I guess this explains why some people don't experience the problem, because they may have always been used to swiping more lightly.

Commissioner
Message 16 of 42
Message 16 of 42

Or at least, it happens far less with lighter swipes.

Adept
Message 17 of 42
Message 17 of 42

Not only that...  But as well - I have a glass screen protector on my Z3C, which I also guess is "cusioning" my movements a bit? When I removed that (it had a bit of dust I was trying to get rid of), I tried to replicate the "elastic band" effect I wasn't able to invoke previosly?  With a harder screen swipe - BAM - there is was....

Again - sorry you took any offense. It clearly wasn't my intent.

Carry on.

- John

Apprentice
Message 18 of 42
Message 18 of 42

Has anybody found anything else out about this? There don't seem to be many more complaints about it! Are people just putting up with it or is it more likely that its a fault with my phone as I need to send it back if it is.I've not used this forum before, it just came up on Google search, is there any actual support from sony on here? Or is it just a user forum?
agj
One time poster
Message 19 of 42
Message 19 of 42

I don't have a Z3C but was going to buy one....

Feels like some sort of edge interference, especially with the one handed exacerbation.

- Do any of the sufferers have a gel case or similar ?

- Could you try faking a thick gel case by padding out the edges ?

e.g.

1. hold the phone one handed in a thick towel (or similar) and swipe

2. use insulating tape wrapped a few times around the phone edges

Had a previous phone where edge interference was resolved by a gel case.

Cheers

agj

Apprentice
Message 20 of 42
Message 20 of 42

I had thought that myself, but I've tried not touching the phone at all (having it flat on a table) and the touch screen will still play up sometimes (a lot less tho) . It does seem very sensitive compared to my old iPhone and the problem occurs a lot more when using my thumb to scroll.