account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Rookie
Message 51 of 442
Message 51 of 442

Re: Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

I bought a new Sony Xperia Z3 Compact some weeks ago and it died the 25th november. It's a french version and no news from Sony support since some days. No response on my email news request...this is a strange communication strategy...

Inhabitant
Message 52 of 442
Message 52 of 442

@edamin, i also bought my Z3c end of October, it should be that batch of z3c got a big problem.

Inhabitant
Message 53 of 442
Message 53 of 442

@fzlabdulaziz is it real that if we sent the phone to sony service center klcc they will also sent the phone to Plaza Berjaya for the repair?

Regular
Message 54 of 442
Message 54 of 442

@Stevehao that how i was told by the service center at the Curve. at service center they only do simple troubleshooting. if need to take your device apart, then they will send your device to the Plaza Berjaya. if you want to save time better go straight to Plaza berjaya. and btw klcc sony centre was closed for renovation. i work at the twin towers so i can check it today and update you later.
Inhabitant
Message 55 of 442
Message 55 of 442

@fzlabdulaziz, hey i had go klcc outlet n i also c tat they are under renovation. and i ask at Facebook page for Sony, they tell me that they will open on 11 december... So u sent ur phone to Plaza Berjaya too? How long was it already? 

Rookie
Message 56 of 442
Message 56 of 442

Thank you for contacting Sony Xperia™ Online Support.

In regards to your inquiry we are sorry that you are having this problem, as you already tried to perform a software repair by using PC Companion a power cycle and OFF reset key and this didn’t fix your problem, we suggest you to contact your local support center to set a warranty claim that will allow you send the device to their repair center. Remember our phones warranty is lost due to physical or liquid damage as well as software tampering. We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may cause you and thank you for being part of our Sony Xperia™ family. 

If you require more information, or have any other questions, please visit www.sonymobile.com or call us at 1-866-766-9374.

Kind Regards,
Natasha

Sony Xperia US Customer Services

Regular
Message 57 of 442
Message 57 of 442

@Stevehao wrote:

@fzlabdulaziz, hey i had go klcc outlet n i also c tat they are under renovation. and i ask at Facebook page for Sony, they tell me that they will open on 11 december... So u sent ur phone to Plaza Berjaya too? How long was it already? 

I sent it last friday but to the Curve service center. But the service center said the only can send it today to Plaza Berjaya. I'm too lazy to go after scrambling from KLCC to the Curve only to know they need to send it to Plaza Berjaya. Maybe this friday i will call them and ask for updates (either need to wait for parts etc). But i'm not hoping it gonna be fast.. because after they open the phone and reassemble it, they need to test the waterproof first in their 'special' machine..

Inhabitant
Message 58 of 442
Message 58 of 442

@fzlabdulaziz, thanks...i also havent send my phone to the service center yet because i had go to klcc yesterday and found out it is stil close...i will be sent the phone to plaza berjaya this thursday maybe. Hope the part is available and can be as fast as possible to repair it... we just buy the phone in a month and the problem come out... sony really disappointed me. hope the repair wil be find

Inhabitant
Message 59 of 442
Message 59 of 442

Oh, for those of you sending the phone for repair, please check your phone thoroughly when it's returned to you. I only realized that the flap no longer fits when I was already home :-(
Inhabitant
Message 60 of 442
Message 60 of 442

@edamin, thanks for the advice... so u take 2 weeks to repair it right? they also dun have parts and order it when u went to service right?