account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

One time poster
Message 441 of 442
Message 441 of 442

Re: Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Thanks for this tip. My Sony Aqua died suddenly, so I googled and found your advice. I did this, and held the buttons down until the android kicked twice and showed a red light. It then started to charge, and showed a green light. No good if you are stuck in the middle of nowhere and need an emergency phone, of course. 

Adviser
Message 442 of 442
Message 442 of 442

Re: Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Also had a sudden death while not using the phone and with around 75% charge left.

Tried every tip and trick know to mankind but it kept silent. Then i red about a "new" trick. I will discribe it as best as i can.

first hold the volume down key in for about 30 seconds. After that try to hold down the power and volume up key until you feel three short vibrations. Let go of the keys and immediatley plug in the micro usb power. This can work but it didn`t do the trick for me. I did it slightley different. I kept holding down the power and volume key and kept holding it down while at the same time plugging the micro usb in. I got a constant blue led and when i pushed the power button the z3 started to charge. when it was full i hit the power button again and YES! it came alive.

I almost had given up hope.