account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Genius
Message 411 of 442
Message 411 of 442

Re: Xperia Z3 Compact Sudden Death Updated 2016

Couple of things, I have the Z3c that it's going to be about 1.5 years old and yeah, bad design. It is opening everywhere and I am not using it as I used to, anyway it's a great device and works good...

Battery life, it happened to me too. Turning off like if battery was dead, so to fix it I did the following - disclaimer, this is my way, no warranty offered - turn off device and charged the battery using the magnetic charger, once the device is fully charged turn on the device and perform a software repair. Obviously do a backup before. That, somehow recalibrate the software that manage the charge and won't die again.

If the device present yet the same issue and it turn on only pressing specific parts of the device then can be that the battery is loose or connections went bad. Considering that it's out of warranty you may have to pay to get it fixed.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Learner
Message 412 of 442
Message 412 of 442

Re: Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Hello, I am having the same issues. But sometimes it gets working for minutes or hours. I want to know if Marshmallow on Z3C comes with pre-installed Clean Master App. Never saw it in any upgrades/handsets before. 

Learner
Message 413 of 442
Message 413 of 442

"somehow recalibrate the software that manage the charge and won't die again" 

Can you please explain what I gotta do in this phase? 

What if the handset is like, stops working better if the whole body isn't as tightly packed as it used to be ? 

And after upgrading to Marshmallow, I got Clean Master pre-installed. Is this ok or some virus in the boot sector ? Coz I have seen some devices that automatically downloads apps which cant be removed even after factory reset. 

However, I removed the Clea Master app easily. 

One time poster
Message 414 of 442
Message 414 of 442

mine has just died also same as the others wont charge or anything and just gets hot when put on charge...

Rookie
Message 415 of 442
Message 415 of 442

I charged my Z3 Compact today 29.06.2016 100% and then it starts shutting down by itself. Will not start up, and no sign of charging. Have done all tricks to get it started and used reset-button solutions without success. Frequently it can start up, but it goes into freexe after some seconds and shuts down again. Removed all cards (sim / SD) , but still no respons. Until today (for 2 years) I have had no seriuos happenings with that phone. What do I do?

Rookie
Message 416 of 442
Message 416 of 442

....just by posting this.....the Z3 compact started up again and wondered what I complained about. Just like the cat did when it had been away for 3 days and wondered why the food was not ready....

Rookie
Message 417 of 442
Message 417 of 442

.....and now it has started the same error like yesterday...suddenly when it turns the screen off, it shuts down.... 50% power still .....

Learner
Message 418 of 442
Message 418 of 442

Another dead Z3C here, too.
Already the 2nd time.
The 1st time I sent it to Xperia Care and they changed motherboard and battery. Two months later (yesterday) it went dead again.

The changed motherboard was from 14W38.
I sent it to Xperia Care today.

One time poster
Message 419 of 442
Message 419 of 442

I start to hate this phone

I have experienced multiple sudden reboots in the last two months.

Then i have experienced sudden deaths, but I could get it to work with Power + Volume down.

Now The phone is dead. dead. dead.

Nothing possible to make it work. All data is lost. Thank you Sony ! Greatest work!

One time poster
Message 420 of 442
Message 420 of 442

I have been on many sites and forums, I find it insulting to Sony Consumers who have bought this product, this fault has been ongoing through all the Z series of phones, just checked the Z5s they have exactly the same fault as the Z all series

1.   Every body says press the power button and the volume button at the same time and it should boot back up.

2.   If the above fails there are no guides on who to contact, where to go, what will happen.

I have made a very big mistake by failing to back up my contacts (over 700 of them) if I can not boot my mobile up I can not retreive them.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP DIRECT ME ON WHAT TO DO, WHERE TO GO, WHO TO EMAIL (HOW LONG BEFORE THEIR RESPONCE)

I run a Branch of 250 Veterans, this phone is there only means of contact, I feel betrayed by Sony I will ensure that every service person and veteran are aware of this error.  I have been off this phone since 1159 hours yesterday, can Sony please respond ASAP.

MORE INFORMATION UPDATED 10 DAYS AFTER CONTACTING SONY:

DO NOT TRY TO TAKE THE BACK OFF ON YOU Z PHONES THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY, ALTHOUGH THIS FAULT HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE BEFORE THE Z SERIES AND THEY ARE STILL ALLOWED TO SELL THIS PRODUCT, WE ARE THE LITTLE PEOPLE AND UNTIL WILL YOU AGAINST BIG BUSINESS'S LIKE THIS THEY WILL CARRY ON RELEASING FAULTY MODELS, THEY HAVE JUST TRIED BILLING ME £220 FOR A REPLACEMENT PHONE AS I HAD TRIED TO REVIVIE MY PHONE SO I COULD BACK UP MY CONTACTS.  I CAN NOT ACCEPT THAT THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH SUCH ROBBERY.

YOU CAN CONACT SONY ON THIS SITE VIA INSTANT MESSENGER DURING WORKING HOURS, THERE IS NO ADMIN ON THIS FORUM, NO ONE TO MONITOR IT, SONY TEAM HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY OTHER FORUMS HAVE THESE COMPLAINTS (THERE ARE THOUSANDS DATING BACK TO 2013).  IT SEEMS THEY SIMPLY DONT GIVE A DAMM ABOUT YOU, YOUR PHONE ONLY IN TAKING YOUR MONEY FOR A FAULTY ITEM