account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Regular
Message 121 of 442
Message 121 of 442

Re: Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

I got my phone back. They said they replace the main board and the power button panel. I worked fine until today.. I got a W37 mainboard.. so there is a risk of it to go kaput again. But I got pissed to the lady (which were rude of me, i'm so sorryyyyyyyy) after i saw my tempered glass cracked about 2cm length.. The workshop didn't hold any responsibility for the damage, and blame the delivery courier they use.. since they said it already crack and the mentioned the crack in their receipt upon arrival.... which is so not foolproof. You can cracked it and write in the paper afterward.. zzz. argued with her for like an hour and still insisted they won't take any responsibility for it. hmm.

and since i were too pissed, i have no mood to run full diagnostic in front of the lady.. and few days after, i noticed that my proximity sensor isn't behaving as it should. Tried a lot of stuff from this forum, xda and general search in google.. non can fix the proximity sensor problem. i already put up 2 weeks of patience waiting for the repair and now this problem? If i send it to the workshop, how long i need to wait? another 2 weeks? 

and there ten people behind me waiting for their turn.. seem like a lot of sony phone need to be send to workshop.. 

Sony in deep trouble with 1billion lose, so they will not give **bleep** about us and their after sales support.. Not even this forum moderator want to reply in this thread.. this forum is it just for fun? What you want us to do to get your attention, Sony? Storm to your regional manager?? 

And btw, part of why Apple was so beloved by certain people was because of their aftersales support!! Honestly, I'm so pissed to the point i am speechless. I just burned RM1.8k for a timebomb.. 

Enthusiast
Message 122 of 442
Message 122 of 442

Abdulaziz: did they change your si number on your warranty card? What they gave u week37 motherboard again? Hope theres no problem after this.. Thank god u had the glass on, if not might be your screen that get scratch.. Ya berjaya plaza all ladies, they dont look that friendly.. Maybe too many faulty devices they had to deal with evryday.. Lol. Mine had problem with ppl hearing me at 1st.. I almost sent it back but when i untick noise suppression and voice enhancement all went well again.. Whats wrong with your proximity sensor btw? Phone light stays dark after call?
Learner
Message 123 of 442
Message 123 of 442

Hi Everyone, 

I don't have much to add to the thread, except for the fact that my month old Z3 Compact. 

I bought it as a present for my wife's birthday while visitng Hong Kong. Obviously i regret that now. 

A couple of days ago, the phone shut itself down and didn't respond to anything. Battery was ~70% charged.

After a couple of calls to a US service center i managed to update it using the PC companion. It then lasted a few hours, and shut itself back down.

Now it's working intermittently. Obviously, it cannot be used like this. 

My unit's production week is W38, just to add to the statistics. 

For me to send it to repair would be a major problem, since i have to ship it abroad (no repair center in my country). So i want to ask - has anyone got his unit back in a working condition, or would i be wasting more of my time and money?

Thanks in advance...

P.S. - sorry for posting on two threads of this forum. I meant to reply to this thread originally. 

Enthusiast
Message 124 of 442
Message 124 of 442

Jbock: hey bro sorry to hear that but it seems that you have the same problem as us, believe to be motherboard issue.. Did your device manage to turn on? I send mine to service centre 2weeks ago and got it back last week, so iv been using it for 1week with no problem.. They change my week37 motherboard to week40..
Enthusiast
Message 125 of 442
Message 125 of 442

@Jblook and Shangjeen,

My problem is like Jblook's - far away from a service center.  It is a very big inconvenience.  I have shipped my phone by personal courier - it will be with Sony by mid January at best.  

You can imagine how long am without the service of my $600 investment because of an avoidable glitch by Sony.

If the problem is a recognised batch failure why can't Sony simply recall e.g., week 36-39 batch(s) and save customers the agony?

@ Shangjeen - Please update us on th performance of the week 40 replacement in a little bit more details - battery performace, applications, physical integrity - housing, ports, etc.  Have you noticed any glitches associated with the repair?

What about the water resistane and glass housing? Intact after repair?

Learner
Message 126 of 442
Message 126 of 442

@shangjeen - When it first happened the device wouldn't respond at all to anything i tried (vol up + power, connection to PC, yellow reset button, charging, etc...). When i finally accepted my shiny new water-resistent black brick and went to sleep, the following morning i pressed the power button and it turned on as if nothing happened. That was when i used the PC companion to flash the device. 

Currently it's working most of the time, but ocassionally shutting itself down when in standby. I find out about it when i want to use the phone.

@Orange1 - That oreal is still ahead of me. Originally i had no preference as to which country to send the phone to, so i called the US service center. It turns out, according to the guy i spoke to, that there's an eastern variant of the phone, which i got, and a western variant (not sure if it includes Europe or not). Anyway, he said that while i MAY send the phone to the US, they won't have the parts, and the fix would be delayed. So i need to ship it to somewhere in Asia. 

Can you please tell me where you sent it?

And everyone else having this problem - can you confirm your phone was bought in Asia?

Currently i've accepted that i've falled on a bad batch of phones and i'm trying to get the Xperia operational as quickly as possible and with the least amount of expenses Slightly smiling Face

Bottom line, had it been working as it should, it's a great phone. But spontaneuous shutdowns are not acceptable, even if they occur once a day. 

Which is another aspect i'm worried about - if the service center tests it and it's working for them, they can ship it back as-is, wasting a lost of my time and money. I've no idea how to reduce THAT risk.

Enthusiast
Message 127 of 442
Message 127 of 442

Orange and jblock
Guess both of you are from US? If you've bought it from another country then it would be a problem, im not sure whats the procedure.. If you sent it to your local store im sure they will charge you

Orange: everythings working well so far, batt life still very lasting.. I asked the lady if its still waterproof and she said yes, but i dont dare to put it under water.. Lol. Just had a few wash to remove the dirt and oil and is still working. Honestly it felt like the same phone b4 i had the problem.. So lets just say they did a great job so far.. And it only took them 1week

Jblock: so yours is still switching it off at least once a day right? If thats the case, i believe is the motherboard problem.. When mine just died, i can still switch on a few times but it will go off after a while.. Later on i can only switch on once every few hours, i manage to reset the whole phone when it did turn on. Just for safety purposes.. Is gonna be lots of work sending it bck to HK.. Lets try to ask your local store how much izit, then you compare with the shipping price to HK.. Could be more expensive sending it back
Visitor
Message 128 of 442
Message 128 of 442

Hello all, I am new to this forum. I bought an Xperia Z3 compact 2 months ago. 2 days ago when i was surfing facebook on my phone, suddenly the whole screen went frozen and after around 2 sec my phone shut down by itself. I tried all the combinations for hard reset (power button + vol- + vol+), but nothing happened. I even plug in the wall charger, not even the LED light up (its like a dead phone). 

Today, before i decided to sent it for servicing, i gave my last try again of pushing and hold the power button, to my surprise my phone booted just like normal!

But after about 15min if usage, it shut down again and can't turn back on.

What is wrong with my phone? Software problem? overheating? motherboard? Please help!!

Learner
Message 129 of 442
Message 129 of 442

as you know i have same problem by my Xperia Z3C !!! i send my phone to other mobile service center , no sony store (my phon dont have warranty) and he told me this is software problem and already Resolved that issue.

i will go tomarow for my phone. 

One time poster
Message 130 of 442
Message 130 of 442

Guys, same problem here but with a little difference... I'M FROM COLOMBIA. I bought the phone in Medellin and when I saw the little label... guess what? 14W37. W37

And I am on the other side of the world. What should I do? I didn't bought directly from Sony. I bought it from a store where they sale unlock phones and that kinda stuff. I went to the store and they said to me at the next day that they only connected the phone and it automaticlly started, me and my brother where like Face blowing a Kiss*bleep**?: and then, two days after that the phone suddenly stopped working while I was going to take a picture.

Today I saw the whole thread and when I saw the label there was a confirmation that the whole lot is bad. What should I do? ask for warranty in the store or go directly to one of the official sony stores here in my city?

PD: I didn't found the phone's warranty, all that I have with the box are a little amount of papers and one who talks about warranty but I doesn't say the big thing. I have the bill of the phone and in the store they received my phone with just that... Will it be just like that on Sony Stores?

thanks!