account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 111 of 442
Message 111 of 442

Re: Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

@Minol70, my phone showed that symptom one day before it completely died.
Learner
Message 112 of 442
Message 112 of 442

hi my phone is for w36 and i think it hapernd for last update (one week before last update). batch number doesn't important for this problem.

Enthusiast
Message 113 of 442
Message 113 of 442

Good news they just called me twice when i was asleep but manage to get them back.. And they say the phone is ready for collection. Weird thing is they didnt call to let me know whats the problem and they just service it right away, so i aksed her whats the problem with my phone.. She just said they change the mainboard(motherboard i suppose).. Lets hope its fix, fingers cross
Learner
Message 114 of 442
Message 114 of 442

Hi guys. It happened to me again this morning 0600 hrs Mal Time. I didn't actually know at what time that my Z3C went dead but only knew about it when my son woke me up for Subuh prayer. I just powered it on as per normal. It is still OK up til this time(1510 Mal Time). How many unfortunate Z3Cers are facing this sad problem up till today?
Regular
Message 115 of 442
Message 115 of 442

I also got call from the service center. Mine already finished the repair but i only can collect it on Monday (the Plaza Berjaya service center open halfday on Saturday and close on Sunday). Better to check the flaps and etc. Need to ask about the waterproofing...

Hate to see the consistency of Malaysia unit had the same motherboard problem. Sony QC are so so bad. This is the last time i will buy a Sony product.. I dont care whether its TV, dslr or even mp3. Sony QC need to improve. I will report this matter to Malaysian Consumer Tribunal..

Enthusiast
Message 116 of 442
Message 116 of 442

Guys i have a problem here after recieving my phone today.. 1st of all, i just realise that my manufacturing date is different now.. Before i sent for service it was week37, now its week40 phone.. And with a diff SI number.. I dont think this is normal ritr? The housing of the phone is definitely mine, i can recognize it.. Did they take somebody else internal part and place into mine? My call quality seem to drop as well, ppl having difficult time hearing me at times, so i have to speak louder.. One more thing, does the z3 compact comes with xloud feature? At least for the malaysian unit.. Orange, abdulaziz, minol?
Learner
Message 117 of 442
Message 117 of 442

Hi everybody. Mine is ok today - 2247 GMT. Shangjeen..you did mention about Xloud, is it an app or just a sound feature. I couldn't find it anywhere.
Fzlabdulaziz...I will support for da report.
Regular
Message 118 of 442
Message 118 of 442

The production date strip maybe come with the mainboard/motherboard.. So it is a weak evidence that the mainboard had been replaced. I hope the W40 batch didn't suffer the curse. 

About the SI number.. you should check whether they updated the number at your warranty card. I gonna collect mine today.. So it took 17 days to replace the mainboard. I hope they check the flaps and etc properly. Thank you, unknown technician. 

Regular
Message 119 of 442
Message 119 of 442

just got my phone back after a month. replacement motherboard is week 38 - according to the technician, it (week 38) is the first production batch so it is still kind of a roulette thing whether its w37, 38 or 40 - the production run cant just be a week or two, no? so see how it goes hopefully, i dont have to post in here again, hopefully i've helped as well

Message 120 of 442
Message 120 of 442

same situation here, Xperia Z3 Compact phone on 96% charge, in cool envioment & in cover under glass screen protector, no issues whatsoever, then all of a sudden its not working. no response from power potton, tried power & vol+ to no avail, tried reset, nothing, tried removing sim & micro sd then hard reset, nothing. tried 4hrs charge, nothing. unit is free of particle matter, water & moisture, screen not scratched, bleeding or otherwise in any sort of state. just a rather slippery & expensive paperweight for all intensive purposes. i really need to start backing a different compay