account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Regular
Message 101 of 442
Message 101 of 442

Re: Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

I got update on my phone. It need new motherboard. Will arrive in Kuala Lumpur tomorrow. Didn't ask them when i can collect though, because want them to do the repair properly, so i will not have to come again for another repair.. 

By the way, if you have sudden death issues, just told them "Don't you say to my face taht this thing only need sofware update. I'll slap you in the face if you said it, because our problem is hardware related. not software.."

Enthusiast
Message 102 of 442
Message 102 of 442

@flzadulaziz

This is a good update!

Motherboard issue and Sony is not responding appropriately!!?

It is clear that recommending software update is a waste of time, resources and undue torture of users as it does not solve the sudden death issue.

I am shiping mine in a week - I must get a courier to deliver it to the nearest service center.  I guese the slap on the face stunt will make sense to the insensitive Sony service agents.

Are you payng for the motherboard?

Anybody out there who had his/her Z3C motherboard replaced?

Learner
Message 103 of 442
Message 103 of 442

im so sorry for sony company for this joking device . how possible you buy one phone and after 3 week is death!!!!

impossible for cheap device.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why no buddy hear to answer us. who respect to Customer??????????????Face with Steam from Nose

Regular
Message 104 of 442
Message 104 of 442

@Orange1 
No charge maybe for the motherboard. But from the receipt, i need to pay RM60 which is around 17usd as a labour charge, if i understand the work correctly. But i will fight to avoid paying them. My phone is just 2 months old and i need to spent money on repair already? that the most stupid thing i felt ever.
The first thing i will do when collecting my phone is to check it properly. Every nook and crannies. And hangout with them to see either the phone will die again or not.. also can chitchat with them about how many sony phoen to need to repair monthly, just to get the real picture of how Xperia quality really is.. but you know, i use Galaxy S for 3-4 years without any hardware issues at all.. softwares issue that another story though (but i can still handle software issue...) 
Actually, the service assistant insist that this is a software problem. After i told them a bit of technical thing on Android, they test it and agree with me that this is a hardware issues. Don't let them treat you like a dumb jock, people.

Enthusiast
Message 105 of 442
Message 105 of 442

Abdulaziz: when did u send ur phone for servicing? I send mine last friday but havent got a call.. I believe mine is also motherboard problem, i just told them it i think the motherboard is somehow damage..
I dont think you have to pay for labour chargers.. I saw it is stated down there when we sign the papers.. Bt it is written out of warranty unit.. Btw my bro send his z1 to sony klcc back in october, motherboard issue as well but they didnt charge him a single cent.. Thats a 11month++ phone, almost out of warranty
Regular
Message 106 of 442
Message 106 of 442

there should no payment for anything if it is under warranty, in fact they should be paying us for the hassle!

anyways, just got an update for mine, the service center mentioned that all the parts have arrived, from my limited understanding of mobile phone construction, it almost seemed like only my front cover and lcd will be the only bits left from the original phone - what a farce

they're saying it'll be ready by tomorrow, so we'll see

Learner
Message 107 of 442
Message 107 of 442

who had Resolved this problem please answer me this is hardware problem or software?????

Enthusiast
Message 108 of 442
Message 108 of 442

Is obviosly a hardware problem.. Software update wont be able to fix this.. Iv reformat the entire phone but its still the same, so decided to send to sony centre
Learner
Message 109 of 442
Message 109 of 442

Hi Everybody,

Mine just went dead at 8 am (Malaysian Time) this morning. It's a 14W38 production. I was freaked out coz such thing, a complete failure of a smart phone, has never happened to me before.  I managed to get it up and runing again by plugging it in to the wall charger and pressed the power and vol up buttons simultaneously.  However, I am expecting the worst based on what I ve come across in this forum.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 110 of 442
Message 110 of 442

Minol: sry to hear that, well if it shuts down again and having hard time switchingback on, suggest u to bring it for checkup/repair.. And why izit that most malaysians with phone week37,38 are having the same problem at almost the same time.. Zzz