account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Rookie
Message 91 of 442
Message 91 of 442

Re: Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Also week 14w17. It was back on for 2 days and now dead again. Sony...just exchange us a new Z3C already.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 92 of 442
Message 92 of 442

Sorry z3cdead...are you sure about the w17? did you mean 14w37? Is your device suffering of sudden Death as well?
Enthusiast
Message 93 of 442
Message 93 of 442

@Shenjeen

Keep us updated please!

Enthusiast
Message 94 of 442
Message 94 of 442

Orange: allrite.. I notice theres always alot of hardware problem when the phone jz got release, particularly sony.. I had hardware problem on my older sola, S, Z and now my compact.. Such luck.. Lol
Enthusiast
Message 95 of 442
Message 95 of 442

Sorry no hardware prob with my Z but the side and back seems to be seperating.. Like certain galaxy note4.. Call it gap gate..
One time poster
Message 96 of 442
Message 96 of 442

Mine died in the same way whilst abroad. I tried every thing but had to send it off. It was returned to me yesterday. I turned it on and after2 minutes it switched off and is now dead. When it works I love this phone however I've owned it just over a month and it not worked for the majority of the time. 2 issues. The product is defective and should be replaced. The customer service is appalling and we are being treated as mugs. I'm regretting trusting sony with my cash now. Fight on...
Enthusiast
Message 97 of 442
Message 97 of 442

@edamin

I went through the step by step update instructions you sent last week.  I took advantage of today when my Z3C woke up.  I managed to install 23.0.1.A.5.77 update package through my computer.

However, once I finished updating the phone and switched it on,  I experienced the first glitch: the phone went off as I was reading the important information (after language selection) at the first step in the set up process.  I managed to switch the phone back on but this is definitely not a good sign. 

The phone is currently on. I hope this update will fix the sudden death issue.

Fingers crossed :Worried Face

Inhabitant
Message 98 of 442
Message 98 of 442

@Orange1, i also had done the update before tis... And my phone is working fine... hopefully everytin is fine after this...

Enthusiast
Message 99 of 442
Message 99 of 442

23.0.1.A.5.77 update has not solve my sudden death problem!

I updated my Z3C yesterday at about 1930 Hrs GMT. Unfortunately, my phone had switched itself off when I checked it today at 0400 Hrs GMT.

This is unacceptable. Sony is aware of the sudden death issue and cannot patch up Z3C software to solve this major glitch.

This failure of the update to solve SUDDEN DEATH  implies a hardware problem that can only be solved by Sony labs.

If this is the case then Sony should recall Z3C made on week 37 - 39, as can be deduced from users in this forum.

Users are suffering after speding so much on a supposedly high end Sony product.

Anybody whose phone worked after above/latest update?

Regular
Message 100 of 442
Message 100 of 442

I have the same problem as well. My phone is week 38 production too.

I am from Singapore.

Problem started surfacing less than 2 weeks of use, sent it to the service centre the first time and waited for 2 weeks to receive.

Technician said all it needed was a software update. Within 3 days the same problem came back again.

So I sent the phone to service centre again. Promised 6-7 working days. After 10 working days still no news.

Its ridiculous how my NEW phone spends more time in the service centre(SONY Somerset 313 Xperia Service Centre) than with me. This is the greatest joke ever.

I have done a factory reset, and the problem still persists. 

My analysis is that 37-39 week batch production z3c has hardware problems. The worse part is SONY doesn't want to give a new replacement. SONY let me ask you: Put yourself in your customer's shoes. If you yourself received a phone that is obviously defective(same problem persists after first servicing at YOUR servicing centre), you would definitely want a replacement. Please recall all these defective phones. You have definitely lost a customer.

I've a friend who owns an iphone5 and APPLE willingly replaces his phone with a refubrished set(practically brand new) after his phone has a software error.

Wake up Sony.