account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Adept
Message 71 of 442
Message 71 of 442

Re: Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

@Orange1 What week of production Is your device?
Enthusiast
Message 72 of 442
Message 72 of 442

@il_vecio

Bought it in October. Where do I get week of manufacture?

Inhabitant
Message 73 of 442
Message 73 of 442

Week of construction: 38
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 74 of 442
Message 74 of 442

@Orange1.... thanks for the advice...ur case seems like more serious... I don't know what's the problem of it... Actually i had try few times for pc companion. the last time i tried is this monday morning. The afternoon it still switch off like usual. In the evening i try go to klcc service center but it is under renovation. However start from yesterday that is tuesday it goes to be normal after i charge the phone to 100% and still left it be charge for few hours. Until now it is still fine... I think maybe tomorrow i will go to plaza berjaya for asking the advice from technician in the service center.

Enthusiast
Message 75 of 442
Message 75 of 442

@edamin

Mine is writen 14W37, I guese that states week 37. A week before yours...looks like same batch.

I hope this can help is appropriate intervention.

Adept
Message 76 of 442
Message 76 of 442

@edamin
@orange1
@everyone who has got this problem

as you can see now you COULD have one element that should be signaled to the guys of Sony support (i.e. Rickard, Sam..). I also suggest you to signal this correspondance to Sony Xperia Care
Adept
Message 77 of 442
Message 77 of 442

For your information, as many new users might not know where that label is located, this could be usefulllabel2.jpg

Regular
Message 78 of 442
Message 78 of 442

Mine i think 14W38. I didn't have my device right now, but i seen the manufacture week quite a few time already. 

Enthusiast
Message 79 of 442
Message 79 of 442

Well well.. How am i not suprised seeing all this sudden death issue with z3c.. It just hit me yesterday while i was listening to music.. I thought the music app had force close, but only to find that it switch off itself.. Countless times i tried switching it on, at times it work, at times just show the sony logo and off again.. Today manage to switch on and i was playing with it, knowing that it would go off.. And true enough it went off infront of my eyes..
To steve hao and orange, im a malaysian too.. Bought it at 1utama during the roadshow.. So its a 1month1week+ phone, guess the same with yours..
Thought of sending to klcc 2mrw, but thx for info.. Il go to plaza berjaya at around 12+.. So dissapointed, guess no more sony device after this.. Was a die hard fan.. Thank god my original z is still working..
Enthusiast
Message 80 of 442
Message 80 of 442

Wow how do u pull that thing out.. I tried but i cant seem to find the thingy to pull.. Haha