account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Inhabitant
Message 61 of 442
Message 61 of 442

Re: Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

@Stevehao, sorry I don't know details of the repair. Was too frustrated to follow up because I actually wanted a replacement instead of a repair.
Inhabitant
Message 62 of 442
Message 62 of 442

@edamin, so how long does it take for the repair? because january i will be not around at kl...hope it wil done before that...

Regular
Message 63 of 442
Message 63 of 442

@edamin how long the duration of time they repair your phone? if the flaps doesn't fit, that mean your phone are not waterproof anymore.. cause if the flaps not sealing tight then water can enter the interior components

Highlighted
Adept
Message 64 of 442
Message 64 of 442

@pepane13
@ edamin
@dastardly

i'm sorry to read that such an awful issue Is becoming a known problem for many people..

Guys could you please report here the week of construction of your device? it Is written on the label that Is located in the SIM slot
Inhabitant
Message 65 of 442
Message 65 of 442

The first repair took 2 weeks. Yup, my phone is no longer water proof. But I'm too tired to go through the hassle of switching sim cards and using my old phone again. And I need to order a new battery for my old phone before I can use it. So much work!!!
Inhabitant
Message 66 of 442
Message 66 of 442

@il_vecio I can't pull out the label (this one right? http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz3compact/userguide/IMEI-number/) as there is no hole at the edge (torn?). Need to find tweezers.
Regular
Message 67 of 442
Message 67 of 442

i am not willing to wait until january! however, the thought of hassling sony for a replacement unit did occur to my mind, but if it is a production batch problem, the replacement unit might be a lemon as well. thats my dilemma

Inhabitant
Message 68 of 442
Message 68 of 442

Update:

Actually i plan to repair my z3c tomorrow but start from yesterday afternoon my phone start to working fine again. It didnt shut down itself and cannot switch on agian. So how you guys think? Should I go to service center tomorrow?

Adept
Message 69 of 442
Message 69 of 442

yes edamin, that's it. I suggest the other people that are facing this issue to do the same abd report here the production number...it might be useful to see if there Is some correspondence between those faults and the weeks of production.
Enthusiast
Message 70 of 442
Message 70 of 442

@ Stevehao

Do not be deceived by on-and-off operation and return to normal service.  My XZ3C has been playing the same game.  It came on last Monday (01 Dec 2014) then died again same week  on Thurday. It could neither charge, vibrate on power/power+volume restart operation.  Today it started to recharge again.  This erratic is not expected of a high end gadget and more so a communication gadget whose service may determine the difference between life and death.

I noticed something that may be interesting: my XZ3C only starts to charge after the battery is fully drained/discharged (1%). I noticed that everytime the gadget dies and starts to charge and wakes up, the battery level  is always 1%.  The phone responds to hard start thereafter.  BUT NORMALLY DIES AGAIN!

A refiguration/repair  is therefore a MUST!

Sony should recall these phones and end the agony of users.