account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Enthusiast
Message 41 of 442
Message 41 of 442

Re: Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

@edamin

How much did it cost you, inclusive develivery, did it cost you to fix the problem.  Did they give an indication of whether you could have done the repair yourself or the problem can only be fixed at the service centers.

Good Luck!

Inhabitant
Message 42 of 442
Message 42 of 442

@edamin, may i know which service center u go for repair? is it free? no other problem instead of tat sim card tat 1?

Inhabitant
Message 43 of 442
Message 43 of 442

The repair was under warranty. They didn't tell me the details of the repair. Went to a service centre in Kuala Lumpur.
Inhabitant
Message 44 of 442
Message 44 of 442

@edamin, u went to service center at klcc, or the curve or plaza berjaya?

Inhabitant
Message 45 of 442
Message 45 of 442

Plaza Berjaya. KLCC still closed for renovation.
Rookie
Message 46 of 442
Message 46 of 442

Same thing happened to me just know. Had phone for 1 month now sudden dead. Tried every solution nothing worked. Motherboard must be fried for no apparent reason. Been a loyal sony customer since water-resistant yellow cassette walkman to Z, Z2C(glitches), Z3C(Sudden Death). I need a different brand phone who doesn't just loose all my important private information at any given moment. Wasted $500.

Inhabitant
Message 47 of 442
Message 47 of 442

@edamin, what we need to bring for claim warranty for service the phone?

Highlighted
Regular
Message 48 of 442
Message 48 of 442

I am from Malaysia/KL too. in this thread alone we have got 3 cases in Malaysia. Where did you guys bought the phone? I got mine from a Sony Center (thinking it is better than the grey imports aka AP) - how wrong was I! I am starting to think that there is a particular batch which stinks and causing all this problems

I sent mine to the service center in Amcorp, now coming to the 4th week with no confirmed finish date (no parts)

Inhabitant
Message 49 of 442
Message 49 of 442

For the repair I brought everything that came with the phone during purchase, which includes the receipt.

Bought the phone from Sony Store Suria KLCC.

I'm delaying the 2nd repair (flap problem)because switching SIM cards is costly, RM10 one way. Using adapter is not advisable. I don't want to ruin my old phone by using a nanosim adapter.
Regular
Message 50 of 442
Message 50 of 442

zzz. I thought im the only one with this specific issue. I bought z3c at klcc sony center. a batch of failed product indeed...

and BTW, if you send to service center either at KLCC or the Curve, they still need to send it to workshop @ Plaza Berjaya run by IXSUN SDN BHD. I sent mine but I still didn't call them for update yet. So so dissapointed with Sony. They should just give us a new one...