account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Enthusiast
Message 21 of 442
Message 21 of 442

Re: Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

I consider our posts are not in vain.  

Prospecive users have a chance to evaluate cross-brand performance and customer care services through the experiene of current users.  

I for one would be hard to convince to touch another Sony product if this issue is not addressed properly.

One time poster
Message 22 of 442
Message 22 of 442

We have run into the same issue on our brand new Z3 compact.  One week into using it.  Turned it off. Tried turning it on an hour later and does not come on.  We have tried all the instructions including PC Companion and it has not worked.  Not sure what the issue is.  Has anyone been able to resolve this without sending it in for service ?

Support told us it will take 2 weeks for them to get back to us.  Makes it extremely hard.  If you have resolved this issue without shipping phone to support please post.  Thanks.

Inhabitant
Message 23 of 442
Message 23 of 442

Update: After failing to get help from a Sony Store,  I went to a Service Centre and asked whether I could get a replacement. They said that they still need to take the phone and check it, and maybe I can get my phone in two weeks.

They called yesterday and informed me that they have checked the phone and concluded that the motherboard is faulty. And they won't be replacing my phone with a new one. They insisted on only replacing the motherboard under warranty.

The motherboard failed after just 3 weeks. This is the first phone that I own to have that sort of failure. And it happens to my most expensive phone. SO DISAPPOINTED!!!

Enthusiast
Message 24 of 442
Message 24 of 442

Hallo!

Motherboard failure can explain my situation because my phone is not responding to any form of reboot operation.

I have been hoping for some magic trick to bring my phone back to life but it looks like I  am done if the failure is hardware (motherboard).

Inhabitant
Message 25 of 442
Message 25 of 442

Hi again. Another update: I've received my repaired phone and I'm typing using the phone. Now it's having new problems. I can't set the alarm clock and the flap that covers the simcard section keeps popping out. I'm going to look for threads addressing these 2 issues. Neverending problems. Hope that I can solve them without sending the phone for repair again.
Highlighted
Regular
Message 26 of 442
Message 26 of 442

the service center just informed me that the motherboard and battery failed - that's almost the whole phone isnt it..? now waiting for parts to arrive. this is totally unexpected from a sony, i wouldve be more forgiving if it was xiaomi or oppo or someotherchinese brands

Regular
Message 27 of 442
Message 27 of 442

I have a similar problem with my phone. it dies all of a sudden. And then I will not be able to turn it on at all. After a brief period, I could "randomly" switch it on. But it still dies on me. Sent it to the repair centre after 2 weeks(The technician mentioned it was a software error), got it back and was working fine for 1 day, and unfortunately the problem returns again. I have reached a conclusion that it is not a software problem but hardware, as after doing a factory reset and ONLY installing whatsapp, It still died on me.

My phone is only 1month old and the problem surfaced in week 1. This is pathetic

One time poster
Message 28 of 442
Message 28 of 442

I got the same problem too.... but sony is just not wiilling to address the issue.... Horrible experience...

One time poster
Message 29 of 442
Message 29 of 442

I had the same problem. My Z3 Compact suddenly died the same way after 4 or 5 weeks of use. Then it came back to life after 3 days and died again after another 2 days of use. Frustrating... tried all the reset options and no sign of life from the device. No vibration... no led's...

Visitor
Message 30 of 442
Message 30 of 442

This just happen to me.. And the sad thing is, I just got back my phone from service centre because previously I have problems with network connectivity/coverage. Receive it today. Was downloading back all my apps, then I put sd card in it.

It just hang. Then dead.. The same case.

I loose hope in this phone. Never had so many issues with any of my mobile phone before, regardless a cheap or expensive one.