account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 442
Message 11 of 442

Re: Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Tried the reset button below the sim card slot. Got a vibration, the phone lit up for a moment but shut itself down again.  

I noticed some erratic behaviour - phone briefly came on showed 27% battery but shut down again. The phone is not responding to further reset or power+volume button press operation.

I expected that the phone can charge without being switched on.  This is a standard set up in all the phones I have handled, even at their worst operation status.  My xperia not showing neither charging process/action when swichd off nor coming on is a little odd.

Is there any more perspective. Unforunately, am very far from a Sony Service Center, nearly a continent away.

Adept
Message 12 of 442
Message 12 of 442

Remove both SIM card and SD card.

Try to reset it once again and make it boot to "emergency calls only".

If you manage to do that, connect it to your PC and reinstall the software using PC Companion.

Regular
Message 13 of 442
Message 13 of 442

I have the same problem as well, any updates?

One time poster
Message 14 of 442
Message 14 of 442

Same problem here...Oh God...looks like this issue is getting popular.

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 442
Message 15 of 442

Removed sim card, sd card and tried the resets. NOTHING! The phone cannot start and cannot be charged. Its down. Once in a while there is a red LED light when I connect to power.

I have to wait for at least 2 months to get help because am away nearly a continent away from the nearest servce center. Hardware and software reliability is critical for such a high-end gadget.

Anyone with any recomended resuscitation operations other than using a hammer in frustration?

Inhabitant
Message 16 of 442
Message 16 of 442

My Z3 Compact went dead also, after less than a month. Exactly same problem as stated in this thread. I've tried EVERYTHING suggested here and on Sony troubleshooting guide. Nothing worked. Even went to a Sony store and asked for additional recommendations to revive the phone. Also failed. Phone still dead. I am so disappointed. This is my first high-end phone Slightly frowning Face

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 442
Message 17 of 442

I fully understand the frustration and disappointment of aggrived users.  My phone is still dead with my data to say the least.

The question is:

Can sony recall the defective phones and give the aggrieved users the freedom to opt for other phone models or gadgets from the competition?

If some phones fail within a month of purchase, what can one expect from years of service and abuse?

Regular
Message 18 of 442
Message 18 of 442

mine just died yesterday

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 442
Message 19 of 442

How can users get response from Sony on valid system/gadget failure(s)?

I expected that this forum has the ears and eyes of Sony.

Sony XZ3C users deserve a reponse.

Regular
Message 20 of 442
Message 20 of 442

reading around many forums,i concluded that i am just another screwed customer - no amount of ranting or sighing is going to change anything. so now it is at the service center for at least a week and up to a month. this is only after 2 weeks of usage.