account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 442
Message 1 of 442

Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

SUDDEN DEATH - I bought a new Sony Xperia Z3 Compact  about 4 weeks ago but today it suddenly died: phone switched itself off, afterwards blank, nothing, not restarting, no recharging, not responding to hard reset.  DEAD. The last activity was a low battery status message.  I have tried further recharging but no response or indication of life on the phone.  This is a big disappointment because the piece is taunted to be a top range Sony Product.

Is there any kind of help after this SUDDEN DEATH?

441 REPLIES 441
Emperor
Message 2 of 442
Message 2 of 442

Re: Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Connect your Z3C to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2 to 3 hours 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 442
Message 3 of 442

Thanks for the tip. Power+Volume hold is expected to switch the gadget on? It is not coming on but on wall power. Can this recharging work without the response to power+volume-pressing action?  Already did a 30 minutes recharging but without the slightest indication of life.

Emperor
Message 4 of 442
Message 4 of 442

Just follow my advice even if you don't see any signs of life, just let it charge for 2 to 3 hours 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 442
Message 5 of 442

Roger!

Emperor
Message 6 of 442
Message 6 of 442

Report back in few hours 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 442
Message 7 of 442

The tip (power+volume, then charge for 2-3 hrs) is not working. Charged for 3 hours but the phone is still dead.  The phone cannot switch on. The only indication of activity is a brief vibration after the charging.  After that: NOTHING! Power+Volume pressing and charging seems not to help.

This absoultely unexpected and unacceptable: A new phone just shutting down? SONY has to address this issue of SUDDEN DEATH. The phone is dead with all my information.  It is impossibe to transfer data in this SUDDEN DEATH status.

Is there any other quick remedy for this phenomenon?

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 442
Message 8 of 442

It did not work. Thanks for the effort. An other ideas

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 9 of 442
Message 9 of 442

Try This: 1.Find the small yellow reset button which is placed under the cover for the nano SIM card holder. Press the button with the tip of a pencil or a similar object and hold it down for 5-10 seconds. After a series of quick vibrations, release the restart button. 2.if not works then u need to use sony pc companion to repair ur phone
Emperor
Message 10 of 442
Message 10 of 442

Sorry to hear that, if nothing work then you should stop by your local Xperia Care

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/