account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

One time poster
Message 431 of 442
Message 431 of 442

Re: Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Hello forget that the pattern of my sony z3 compact and have no idea how to recover valuable information ... someone knows how I can get my information as and forgotten the unlock pattern
One time poster
Message 432 of 442
Message 432 of 442

Re: Xperia Z3 Compact Sudden Death Updated 2016

See my write up at

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/225037/No+Power+%26+Not+Charging#answer344147

and

http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3/help/sony-xperia-z3-help-thread-t3164306/post69146576#post6914657...

Looks like the power button itself doesnt work

but if you can force the phone on  (eg via flashutil) it works ok

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 433 of 442
Message 433 of 442

Hi, do you think that my issue (there : https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Z3-compact-discharged-and-won-t-charge-or-boot/m-p/...) might be the same as you all got ? Thank you.

One time poster
Message 434 of 442
Message 434 of 442

Help?

Don't expect that from Xperia support.

Get a phone from any other company... 

Adviser
Message 435 of 442
Message 435 of 442

Hi Ze_Bast, Sorry about your phone and I know that each poster here knows how frustrating it is. I think it is exactly the same problem. I also think it is due to the magnetic charger. While I have no scientific proof, I think the magnetic charger messes with the battery calibration somehow and the phone goes crazy. I managed to fix mine (without changing anything and I was out of warrenty anyway) by forcing it to recalibrate. I described what I did in this discussion before. The phone was fixed and has been running eversince and I threw away the magnetic charger. The touch developed problems later where the top and bottom of the screen became unresponsive. I had to change the screen to fix that. I gave the phone to a cousin and he is still using it. I had decided never to buy a Sony Xperia again, but I went for the Xperia Z5c and happily using it now, even though I warn anyone about Xperia, who come to me for phone buying recomendation.

Visitor
Message 436 of 442
Message 436 of 442

Guys, I have this same problem, the solutions on the first page didn't help. This topic is 44 pages I couldn't go through the entire thing. Is there a website that has collected the solutions in one page?

Visitor
Message 437 of 442
Message 437 of 442

Here's something interesting! I used a combination of the solutions on page 1 and it revived my phone up to the vibrations (I still have to keep in charge for a few hours and will update you if it works). So keeping power+volume up button didn't work, neither did the yellow button next to the nano sim. So I combined them; while the phone was plugged into a wall charger I pushed the power button, volume up button, and yellow reset button. A few vibrations later I let go of the button and the charging screen came up.

I'll update to see if my phone is fully revived after a few hours of charging.

Learner
Message 438 of 442
Message 438 of 442

Unfotrunately, in 95% of cases the phone is toasted and the only way is to return it for service. If you still have warrant then you are lucky. If not...well Slightly smiling Face

Enthusiast
Message 439 of 442
Message 439 of 442

It was such an experience with Sony Z3 Compact! The sudden death issue of my phone was finally resolved after 3 trips to Germany (was lucky to have friends travelling from the south) and wholesale replacement of parts.  Unfortunately, the phone soon thereafter developed 'screen sudden death'. The touchscreen has become insensitive in some regions, especiall outer rim and central sector.  I used the phone trouble-free for less than 1 year!! My warrantee is elapsed as I kiss Sony goodbye. ADIOS!

One time poster
Message 440 of 442
Message 440 of 442

Charge your phone with the original charger on a wall and leave it to charge for about three hours if I doesn't work do the same thing overnight