account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

Adept
Message 421 of 442
Message 421 of 442

Re: Sudden Death of Sony xperia Z3 Compact

@Nashidar wrote:

@Nashidar wrote:

Well my wife's phone has come back and, unfortunately, has not been replaced because they "couldn't replicate the issue" after doing a "master reset and software upgrade". Sigh. Bet they didn't even try to leave it for a few hours, with a full charge, to see if it would happen.

Anyway, have done nothing beyond turn the phone and stepped through the initial settings. Leaving the phone as is overnight (it has 50% charge on it) to see if it happens again. It currently has 23.4.A.1.232 firmware on it.

If it happens again I'm going to see if downgrading the firmware to 23.4.A.1.200 fixes it before sending back again.

So, just an update on my situation.

As expected, the phone turned itself off, but this time I wasn't able to turn it back on again or even charge it (no charging light).

Took it back to the Optus store and after a few days a replacement was sent through. Yet another remanufactured unit has been provided.

I have charged this unit to 100% (using official sony usb cable and wall charger) and have currently left it on (in basic, default, state) to test what happens. Fingers crossed!

Just an update - the remanufactured unit that was provided this time around has worked. No idea why but no problem has not reared its head.

I'm guessing it is just luck of the draw ...which is not great in regards to products being manufactured by a company as large as Sony.

So while I am happy that things appear to be resolved (for now ...I'm still half expecting my handset to give up the ghost next which is partly why I still haven't update the firmware on my phone yet so it is still on 23.4.A.1.200) I can't say I am happy with the product.

Learner
Message 422 of 442
Message 422 of 442

@Eff16 wrote:

Another dead Z3C here, too.
Already the 2nd time.
The 1st time I sent it to Xperia Care and they changed motherboard and battery. Two months later (yesterday) it went dead again.

The changed motherboard was from 14W38.
I sent it to Xperia Care today.

Update:
The motherboard has been replaced for the 2nd time now (again a 14W38) and only 4 days after I got it back, it stopped working again!
Angry Face

Regular
Message 423 of 442
Message 423 of 442

Sound like sony don't know where is the bug exactly
Highlighted
Adept
Message 424 of 442
Message 424 of 442

@m-ali wrote:
Sound like sony don't know where is the bug exactly

That's my feeling. It is pretty much a crapshoot at this stage.

This does not help with the overall view of the reliability of the product and the reputation of Sony. It is likely to turn people off from Sony products in the future.

And the complete lack of any official, public, communication about the existence of this issue from Sony is unhelpful.

Learner
Message 425 of 442
Message 425 of 442

Hi. I have the same problem but mine is a Xperia Z3. I´m trying to watch your video but it doesn´t appear anymore. Can you help me?

Rookie
Message 426 of 442
Message 426 of 442

Nav keys not working Sony wake up u need to recall all defective xperia phones shame on you!
Adviser
Message 427 of 442
Message 427 of 442

Sony make a very nice phone, especially z3c!
But software problems and bugs often occur
Still wait the update 23.5.A.1.291
Rookie
Message 428 of 442
Message 428 of 442

just for the update:  

The Z3 Comapct was behaving itself until the most recent update.  then it once again turned itself off at random time,  usual vol up & power would sometimes work , other times it needed the reset button pushing  - some times niether worked and just waiting while charging would fix it.

I though maybe it was a app i installed as it seem to get worse until i noticed this sometime occured before i factory wiped the phone  - it worked for about 2hr .........

Well  i had enough of this  and ordered the Z5 COMPACT .  I got to day 3 before i started getting the same issues. ..   its gone back in the box for return .  Im running off a trusty Noika now until the Samsung turns up.  Sorry Sony as much as i love to have a collection of phones just randomly not working i consider it unacceptable:

Sony Z2 - just decied to not work - flashing red light when charging

Sony Z3 - turning off randomly more often than not

Sony Z5 - see above Slightly frowning Face  

Good luck to those who have no issues it does seem to be 'are you feelin' lucky? '

Enthusiast
Message 429 of 442
Message 429 of 442

@mikeymike20 wrote:

just for the update:  

The Z3 Comapct was behaving itself until the most recent update.  then it once again turned itself off at random time,  usual vol up & power would sometimes work , other times it needed the reset button pushing  - some times niether worked and just waiting while charging would fix it.

I though maybe it was a app i installed as it seem to get worse until i noticed this sometime occured before i factory wiped the phone  - it worked for about 2hr .........

Well  i had enough of this  and ordered the Z5 COMPACT .  I got to day 3 before i started getting the same issues. ..   its gone back in the box for return .  Im running off a trusty Noika now until the Samsung turns up.  Sorry Sony as much as i love to have a collection of phones just randomly not working i consider it unacceptable:

Good luck to those who have no issues it does seem to be 'are you feelin' lucky? '

I would like to see someone with a ~1yr old Z3 Compact tell us that these issues are caused by us and s/he has a GOOD WORKING PHONE.

Anyway, ordering another Sony product is what bugs me. You should have switched, if you see the thread for Z5C it's got issues as well.

Cheers

Rookie
Message 430 of 442
Message 430 of 442

yeah,  i read your post.  i though how dare you......yeah your right........

sorry Sony , great phone but you need to sort out the issues 

@tinong9 wrote:

@mikeymike20 wrote:

just for the update:  

I would like to see someone with a ~1yr old Z3 Compact tell us that these issues are caused by us and s/he has a GOOD WORKING PHONE.

Anyway, ordering another Sony product is what bugs me. You should have switched, if you see the thread for Z5C it's got issues as well.

Cheers