account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 71 of 343
Message 71 of 343

Re: Z3C D5803 the notification status bar cannot pull down

Can Sony answer us on this????

SONY! WE NEED HELP! PLEASE!

Learner
Message 72 of 343
Message 72 of 343

Re: Z3C D5803 the notification status bar cannot pull down

Hello,

I had exactly the same screen issue and I thought it was a software problem, but when the unresponsive touch zone was bigger I brought the device to a Sony repair center.

They confirm it was a hardware issue and they change all the screen set (screen + touch). For free because I'm still on warranty.

So, if you have this kind of issue, I recommend to bring the device to a Sony service center.

Kind regards.

Rookie
Message 73 of 343
Message 73 of 343

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

This problem got resolved on changing the touchscreen for around 70 $. Now sometimes there's another problem with the proximity sensor.
Visitor
Message 74 of 343
Message 74 of 343

my Z3 is now worthless because of this sudden auto update cant drag down status bar!!!! I love sony but due to this what happened Idk not usefull anymore??? am sure sony philippines will not fix  this for free!!!

Visitor
Message 75 of 343
Message 75 of 343

as alternative just download drop down list in playstore.. and it works 

Regular
Message 76 of 343
Message 76 of 343

I have the same problem: the status bar didn't work!!!

Have some suggest???
Rookie
Message 77 of 343
Message 77 of 343

As a temporary solution, you can download Assistive touch...
Apprentice
Message 78 of 343
Message 78 of 343

Hello. Z3c user here also

For few days the notification bar is not working properly (had to swipe 4-5 times). Not big issue (I'm not easy to get angry).
But from today my bottom menu buttons are not responding in any way (back, home, menu), have to restart phone to get out from photo mode or message screen, etc
I had the marshamlows update few months before, dissapearence of stamina's is a big disappointment. Battery is dying half faster, and have to keep with me an recharger. With last days notification/menu buttons problems is already annoying.
Please fix:
- marshmallow version bugs (notification bar/bottom screen buttons)
And please bring back:
- Stamina mode
- UltraStamina mode

With same problem at lots of Sony z3c users, and no answers from officials - that seems, for me, an intentional impulse to go for z5 etc, for another ~16 months of use and buy another new phone, and so on. 
Well, I'm disappointed to say, but after almost 14 years of Sony(Ericsson) fidelity, I'll have to searh for other brand :/

Learner
Message 79 of 343
Message 79 of 343

Same here since the last update a few days ago. In the screen service menu I can't draw in the last 2-3 mm on top of the screen.
Why am I still installing updates? They ALWAYS bring trouble whatever phone brand I use.
One time poster
Message 80 of 343
Message 80 of 343

Does Sony will provide free LCD repair for faulty touchscreen?

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Status-bar-Notification-pull-down-difficult-in-home...

lots of Z3C users are suffering touchscreen problem. and mine has same problem. few millimeters from top edge can't recognize touch, so i can't pull down status bar.

Sony Korea service center say this is hardware problem and should change LCD.

i can't understand why i should pay for fautlty hardware? it isn't my fault. and even i repair my device, it will occur again.