account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 21 of 338
Message 21 of 338

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

I recommend that you try to perform a software repair using PC Companion which will reinstall the software in the phone but please note that this will reset the phone to factory settings.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 22 of 338
Message 22 of 338

This happened after some recent update, highly frustrating.
I Googled a bit and so far I can only see that turning your orientation and swiping down works perfectly.

I found something that works until they fix this thing, recommendations of doing a factory reset and all that hassle....pfft.  Just release a fix please.

Right just swipe down as per normal by the top right signal / battery icon.  Seems to work perfectly until we get a fix to sort it out properly.

Hope this may help some.

(Z3 Compact)

Enthusiast
Message 23 of 338
Message 23 of 338

I had a similar problem where the top part of my screen was unresponsive. It turned out to be a touch screen problem so I sent it to Sony for repairs and got it back in a week. 

XVX
Rookie
Message 24 of 338
Message 24 of 338

I found out the touch screen was a little bit separate from top position today.The warranty already finished a month. I think it may be a quality issues. Not the software problem. Now, I think my new mobilephone will not consider Sony. 😔
Apprentice
Message 25 of 338
Message 25 of 338

Odd - Just to thrown mine in there to. My z3 compact has just started doing this last few days and I found this thread (and many others) with the same issue. Seems to be a rather common issue, many people all stating it happened recently, so surely software related?  In portrait mode, it's _really_ hard to pull down the notification bar from the home screen. Sometimes works, mostly does not. Has it's good moments. Does get very frustrating. When I try, the google search bar often comes up instead. Almost like it is not reging the gesture correctly. It'll work 10 times in a row, then simply stop working. Touch screen test works OK. Can clear the whole screen no problem. I'm guessing software/app, but havn;t found anything that resolves it yet. Too many people with same issue all occuring recently to be a coincidence...

Rookie
Message 26 of 338
Message 26 of 338

I tried glove mode and it works though I have to press hard..seems this is the only work around..Sony specific bug and doesn't seems to be a general lollipop issue..
Rookie
Message 27 of 338
Message 27 of 338

As another workaround, you may buy nova prime launcher and then you can pull down notification panel from the centre of the screen! Hope this helps!
One time poster
Message 28 of 338
Message 28 of 338

This is defnitltly a software bug, I just installed nova launcher and low and behold the notifications pulldown works..

cheers

Apprentice
Message 29 of 338
Message 29 of 338

I don't think this is the case for all. My was returned to Sony and the screen replaced in order to fix.

Visitor
Message 30 of 338
Message 30 of 338

Status bar open difficulty in home screen

Facing problem in opeaning status bar when in home screen,in lock it works perfrctly