account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

SOLVED
Learner
Message 11 of 338
Message 11 of 338

Re: Z3C D5803 the notification status bar cannot pull down

Now I just found that when I increase the screen - use option 3 times knoking on the screen - after that  I can pull down the status bar in a vertical position. It is quite strange and made me even more confused on what may be due to this freezing of the status bar in a vertical position. Thinking Face

Learner
Message 12 of 338
Message 12 of 338

Hello again :-)

When I ran a touc screen test,  I saw that a few millimeters from the top of the screen are not active (top line wild 2-3 mm), but when I increase (zoom it) the touch screen  reacts. It so strange ???? Thinking Face

Visitor
Message 13 of 338
Message 13 of 338

z3 compact notification panel does not pull down

Hi, 

I have a problem with my z3 compact.  notification panel cannot be pulled down.  it happened just recently.  at first, you need to repeatedly pull down & try dragging the top portion of the screen to pull it down but a few days later, it can no longer be pulled down.  if you rotate it 90 degrees right then notification panel works fine.  i think there's a problem with the sensors on the topmost of the screen. can you help?

Visitor
Message 14 of 338
Message 14 of 338

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

How do you zoom it?
Enthusiast
Message 15 of 338
Message 15 of 338

This issue is related to your touchscreen/display.

I had this issue when on kitkat and slowly within a months time my touchscreen failed to respond.

Got it replaced from sony.
-------- If my Post or Answer helped you out, Please KUDOS me Slightly smiling Face
Visitor
Message 16 of 338
Message 16 of 338

how do zoom the screen?

is your phone working now? I have the same issue.

i already reset the phone but still the same. is this a software or harware issue?

Apprentice
Message 17 of 338
Message 17 of 338

I also encounter the same problem D5833 from SEA.  I notice that if I pull down from the top-centered (below the SONY logo) it will work well.  or use two fingers to pull down. 

And I think it must cause from the firmware, not from individual's hardware.  Because many users have the exactly same problelm 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 338
Message 18 of 338

Sorry to hear that.

When this happens, does it help to restart the phone?

Do you have any case on the phone or a magnet near it?

Does the touch screen work if you test it under Settings -> About phone -> Diagnostics?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 19 of 338
Message 19 of 338

Already restarted the phone several times. Already tried the Diagnositc// Display  function (well passed the test). And I'm using NO case at all.  Naked phone without case and any screen film.

It's just happened after updated to Lollipop.. (when it were kitkat, it worked well)

XVX
Rookie
Message 20 of 338
Message 20 of 338

I have a same situation and problem recently after firmware update