account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

SOLVED
Learner
Message 91 of 339
Message 91 of 339

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

I've been running MM for a few months and this just started happening.

In my opinion the fact there is no problem on the lock screen, the fact it works when swiping over some icons in the toolbar but not others and glove mode changes the behaviour all point to a software configuration problem.

Learner
Message 92 of 339
Message 92 of 339

Screen touch problems after upgrading to Marshmallow

There is a definite software problem with touch detection on my Z3 compact after upgrading to marshmallow. Some of the problems I'm experiencing:

1. Dragging the notification panel down works sporadically. It was fine before.
  2. I cannot tap in the app search bar
  3. When using apps like Google Maps the pinch to zoom is completely erratic, sometimes even zooming out when it should be zooming in
  4. I can't access certain preferences in apps because tapping on a section of the screen actually activates the preferences above or below where I'm tapping

This is definitely a software problem.

If I go into touch screen diagnostics I'm able to cover all of the screen with touch. However if I then go into an app like Sketch there are bands of the screen that do not respond to touch. You can see that here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG4fNv5BG40

Furthermore I've found that if I turn on glove mode and use just the tip of my fingernail to navigate instead of my whole finger I am able to tap in the app search bar or cover all areas of the screen in Sketch, and accessing the quick preferences panel is more reliable. In short, using just the tip of a nail makes the phone work normally, though it's obviously a lot more cumbersome.

So, it seems to me that this is something to do with the amount of surface area touching the screen that is affecting the software and touch detection. It can't be a hardware problem since everything was working fine before Marshmallow and the screen is sensitive to as small an area of contact as a fingernail.

Sony, please give us a solution to this problem!

Top panel shows ramdom points detection. This issues began few days after upgrading to marshmallow
Visitor
Message 93 of 339
Message 93 of 339

That's exactly what happened to me. I updated and within 24 hours it stopped working. I'm hella careful with my phone and keep it in a sturdy case. As much as they are adament it's a hardware fault I think that's total . I'm due an upgrade any minute and something like this happens every time I'm near the end of my contract. I do an update and then mysteriously my phone is broken.

Enthusiast
Message 94 of 339
Message 94 of 339

Re: Screen touch problems after upgrading to Marshmallow

@mindpower

On my phone the issue started using the latest KitKat rom.

And it started after more than 1 year I was using the same rom, as I described few posts ago.

I'm not so sure that it's something related only to MM

Learner
Message 95 of 339
Message 95 of 339

Well maybe it's not MM but it's definitely not a hardware problem since the touchscreen diagnostics detect touch on every bit of the screen.

Can someone else who's had these problems try using a fingernail with glove mode to confirm my findings?

Enthusiast
Message 96 of 339
Message 96 of 339

@mindpower wrote:

Well maybe it's not MM but it's definitely not a hardware problem since the touchscreen diagnostics detect touch on every bit of the screen.

Can someone else who's had these problems try using a fingernail with glove mode to confirm my findings?

Fingernail detected while on glove mode, HOWEVER, notif bar still cannot be pulled down (tried on stamina and non-stamina mode).
Anyone from Sony could maybe confirm, and assure us, that they are currently investigating this and are working on a fix?
Thanks.

Adviser
Message 97 of 339
Message 97 of 339

After the update 6.0.1 notification bar not pull down in potrait mode. It's irritating. Users who got the same issue tell me about it? Is there is any touch screen issue caused by following this issue?
Enthusiast
Message 98 of 339
Message 98 of 339

On mine the issue started with KitKat. So I don't think it's (completely) related to rom version.

Currently it's not clear if it's something hw or/and sw side

Adviser
Message 99 of 339
Message 99 of 339

How long did you suffering from this issue?... Is this issue extended to other parts or not???
Enthusiast
Message 100 of 339
Message 100 of 339

It started suddently 1 month ago (more or less), I was able sometime to drop down the notif.bar.

After some days I wasn't able at all to drop down it.

So, before send the phone to service, I upgraded to MM butit didn't solve.

... and after some days also the navigation bar didn't work anymore.... That day I siwtched ON the phone and the bar worked... I left the phone for a couple of hours in stand-by and then the navigation bar was dead