account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 31 of 338
Message 31 of 338

Re: Status bar open difficulty in home screen

I am using Xperia Z3 compact. I had the same problem with extra button on the keyboard not working. 

It started with can't pull down the notication bar then keyboard not working.

On the Keyboard (Xperia keyboard). I can't press 7 (seven), N character and "(" symbol. I do the diagnostics, every thing is ok. This happen is after i update to android 5.1.1 (Build number 23.4.A.232).

Apprentice
Message 32 of 338
Message 32 of 338

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

I also have this problem since about a month ago. At first it is the navigation buttons at the bottom of the screen acting up. Only the back & home buttons were affected, while the recent apps button worked fine. Now the issue has moved to the notification bar (the bottom navigation buttons work fine now). It is very difficult now to access the notification area, whether pulling it down, drawing within any drawing app, using the diagnostic menu, and even the service menu. What is weird is that I can pull down the notification bar just fine from the lock screen. Tried resetting the phone, accessing through safe mode, using different launchers, and the issue still persist. This seems like software issue to me and I hope Sony is aware of this problem.

One time poster
Message 33 of 338
Message 33 of 338

I have the same problem with my Z3 compact...Face with rolling Eyes

Message 34 of 338
Message 34 of 338

I also have the same problem, this happened a couple of weeks back.  I immediately tried the suggestions I found here, like to run it in Safe Mode but this did not help.  When I got home from work used PC Companion to backup my data and did a full repair.  But this did not help either. 

So, last week, I went to a local Sony Mobile service center and they told me that there is a problem with the sensors already and that the glass it would need to be replaced and since my Z3c is out of warranty, I need to pay for it.  Slightly frowning Face  They showed it by launching the Sketch app and tried drawing vertical lines and you can clearly see that the line does not get drawn all the way up the top of the screen.  So, this, according to them is a sensor problem already.

Anyway, right now, I can live with this little problem as I can still scroll down the notification bar when I very slowly touch the area before the letter "S" in the Sony logo and slowy scroll down.  It will display the notification screen for me.  But if I do it fast...it will not respond and ignore the gesture.  Perhaps you guys can try that out as a workaround, this might also work for you.

But yeah, unfortunately initial inspection of the Sony service center told me that this is a hardware problem.

Adviser
Message 35 of 338
Message 35 of 338

Xperia Z3 compact - Cannot scroll down the status/notification bar when in portrait mode

Good day to you all.

As you will read in the title of the topic, I am facing a problem with the status bar, which as I see, is very common among the Xperia Z series phones (or more).

As with all the other cases, one day out of nowhere, I could not scroll down my status bar. I took the touch screen test, and indeed it's like the first 5mm on the top of the screen are unresponsive.

I made a factory reset, I entered into safe mode to test it, but the problem remains. It runs Android 5.1.1.

I took the phone yesterday to the official sony service center in Greece and I am waiting for their verdict. Fyi my phone is still under warranty till November 2016.

You can read the same problem in just a few topics below:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3/Cannot-pull-down-status-bar/m-p/1017539#M20518

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Why-I-can-t-pull-my-notifications-bar/m-p/557533#M33631

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/Xperia-z2-status-bar-not-sliding-down/m-p/788315#M10551

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/Z2-Status-bar-not-pulling-down/m-p/723069#M4830

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-SP/My-status-bar-won-t-pull-down-and-I-can-t-use-the-search-men...

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Status-bar-Notification-pull-down-difficult-in-home...

I would like to have the official responce of Sony, if this problem is covered under warranty. I mean that in case the phone is not fixed after software updates, and needs replacement of the touch screen and/or the motherboard, is that covered under warranty?

Needless to say that my Z3c is like brand new. I take very good care of it and there is not even one scratch on it.

I have read somewhere that this might be caused by humidity. I find this ridiculus since the phone is officially advertized as water proof and in the official commercials of Sony, you can see that they place it under water and also inform you that you can even record 4K video UNDER WATER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xgyDCcHut0

I have not received a reply yet from the service center but I would appreciate very much to have the official response of Sony on the above matter, just to be ready in case things go wrong with the service center.

Thank you.

Message 36 of 338
Message 36 of 338

Is there any update on this? I've been experiencing this for a week now. The only place where I can swipe down is under the S of the Sony logo. Is this a software issue or hardware?
Adviser
Message 37 of 338
Message 37 of 338

Re: Xperia Z3 compact - Cannot scroll down the status/notification bar when in portrait mode

Yesterday I started a new topic for my problem.

Today I see that a sony-forum admin deleted my new topic and copied my post in this topic.

First of all, I am not just having "difficulty in pulling down the notification/status bar" as the title of this topic says. I cannot pull down my notification bar at all. This is why I started a new topic.

Secondly, since a sony-forum admin has seen my topic and has gone into the trouble to delete it and copy my post in this one, can I also please have the responce of Sony to my question?

In case the phone is not fixed after software updates, and needs replacement of the touch screen and/or the motherboard, is that covered under warranty?

Awaiting Sony's kind reply.

Thank you.

Adviser
Message 38 of 338
Message 38 of 338

Re: Xperia Z3 compact - Cannot scroll down the status/notification bar when in portrait mode

I got my phone back yesterday from the Sony service center.

The problem was fixed within warranty - no questions asked. I got the phone back within 3 working days.

From what I see they changed a lot of spare parts including the touch screen, the back cover, the side covers and various others that I can't make out.

The motherboard was not replaced (I checked the IMEI and it's the same).

The phone looks like new and everything is working just fine.

So I can say that I am pretty satisfied with Sony's service center and the way that Sony treated the matter.

So my advice is that in case you are facing touch screen problems (with status menu or bottom buttons etc) don't waste any time with software updates or fixes with Sony PC companion.
Do a backup and take the phone to your nearest Sony Service center before your warranty expires.

Rookie
Message 39 of 338
Message 39 of 338

Cannot slide down quick settings

Hello There any genius out there could please lend me a helping hand. My quick settings cannot be slide down even after i update my software. Any tricks i can get it to work ? please share,tq

Forum Legend
Message 40 of 338
Message 40 of 338

Re: Cannot slide down quick settings

Try to boot your phone on safe mode. Does that work? Did you recently installed apps that might have caused this?

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling