account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 251 of 344
Message 251 of 344

Top pull down menu issues

Hi. I cant seem to pull down the dark grey menu from the top that gives sound, wifi, bluetooth settings on a Sony Z3 Compact. I reset the phone for my wife to use and worked beforehand so was wondering if there is a setting that can switch it back on. Ive looked through all the options i can find.
Enthusiast
Message 252 of 344
Message 252 of 344

Re: Top pull down menu issues

@Mike79 wrote:
Hi. I cant seem to pull down the dark grey menu from the top that gives sound, wifi, bluetooth settings on a Sony Z3 Compact. I reset the phone for my wife to use and worked beforehand so was wondering if there is a setting that can switch it back on. Ive looked through all the options i can find.

No fix sad to say, only temporary ones--somewhere in this thread I posted it.

25 pages and all because of this one problem. If you still have warranty go to your local support asap.

One time poster
Message 253 of 344
Message 253 of 344

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

Since one week my notification bar can't be pulled down. We I run a sensor (screen) test the highest bit of the screen doesn't respond.
Please tell me how to handle
One time poster
Message 254 of 344
Message 254 of 344

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

Inglês: My Z3 compact started with this problem. I installed Status Shake and it's breaking the branch very well!

Message 255 of 344
Message 255 of 344

Navigation buttons and drop notifications not working (NOT hardware related)

Dear Sony,

I am about to give my son my "old" Xperia Z3 Compact - and just updated to the latest system software. I regret that right now ...

The phone has(beside a fast battery drain) been working just fine - but after the software update, I can't navigate anymore. I can see plenty of complaints about this from Z3-users, but it seems like you just tell them its a hardware problem: It's not (!), not in my case at least. 

I've tried twice to repair/ reinstall the operating system - and in the setup afterwards noticed, that I was pressing 'skip' in the exact same area of the screen, where the navigation menu is. But when the setup is finished, the on-screen navigation buttons still don't respond.

On the lockscreen, I can also choose the camera, voice assiatnt and lock-up without any problem - but when locked up, the navigation doesn't respond.

Same thing in the top of the screen: On the lockscreen, I can swipe down to see the notifications, but when locked up, it doesn't work at all. 

I know the smartphone is a couple of years old and I have no warranty left - but I still expect the phone to work, as long as there is no hardware-issues. 

I also own a Z5 and would like to remain a Sony smartphone customer ...and give my son an android as his first phone-experience. But definitely NOT if "whoops, hardware problem" is your only respond to your customers, when it is clearly not the right answer.

best regards,

Frederik

Emperor
Message 256 of 344
Message 256 of 344

Re: Navigation buttons and drop notifications not working (NOT hardware related)

@bjerreandersen

Settings > about phone > diagnostics > test > test touchscreen 

also, repair the phone with XC and report back

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 257 of 344
Message 257 of 344

Re: Navigation buttons and drop notifications not working (NOT hardware related)

@uliwooly

as I wrote: I've tried twice to repair/ reinstall the operating system" ... but just did it again, a third time, with no other result than before :-(

Testing the touchscreen shows that there is a very thin area in the top, that doesn't register - but in the bottom of the test everything is fine. BUT even on the test screen the navigation buttons are shown (?!?!), and are (of course) still not working. 

The only conclusion I think can be made is, that the test i not adequate for any conclusion (!), as the test screen doesn't replace the nav-button-part of the screen with something else that could test my view: that it is the navbar (software), not the screen itself (hardware), that is not working. My view is based on the findingsmentioned in my previous post, eg. that the shortcuts for voice assist and camera + notifications in the top can all be activated in the lockscreen.

So: I, as many others, still believe that this is a software issue, as there has been no physical damage to the phone since it worked perfectly - only a software update.

Frederik

Emperor
Message 258 of 344
Message 258 of 344

@bjerreandersen

There you have it, it is a hardware issue, contact your Local support and get it inspected, again, this is a USER based forum.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 259 of 344
Message 259 of 344

@uliwooly: How come you call it a hardware issue, when the same area of the screen is working perfectly well everytime it shows something else than nav-buttons (the camera shortcut, for example) ?

f

Emperor
Message 260 of 344
Message 260 of 344

@bjerreandersen

It doesn't work properly as you pointed out that there's a section that does not pass the test. 

@bjerreandersen wrote:

Testing the touchscreen shows that there is a very thin area in the top, that doesn't register -

Also, this is a user based forum, you need to get it inspected by your Local support, or contact Sony directly, again, this is a user based forum and there's nothing anyone can suggest to address your issue that you haven't done so far.