account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 339
Message 1 of 339

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

Weird issue I'm getting since installing 5.1

While in the lock screen, if I was to pull down the status bar - it's fine. Same sensitivity as before. Once I unlock my phone, trying to pull down the status bar is incredibly difficult. Takes about 5 swipes before it comes down. Anyone else having this issue?

Cheers

Marc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 202 of 339
Message 202 of 339

Re: Problem to access notification in Portait mode

I'm sorry to hear that.

In case the touch screen doesn't work properly, first make sure it's clean and if you have any screen protector on it, try to remove this.

If this doesn't help, try doing a software repair using Xperia Companion which will reinstall the phones firmware.

In case the touch screen still doesn't work properly, the phone needs to be sent to an authorized service centre for repairs. For more information on how to submit your phone for repairs and where, please contact your Local support.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

338 REPLIES 338
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 339
Message 2 of 339

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

Not sure, perhaps it's a bug. You could contact Sony Xperia support and mention it to them and see what they suggest.
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/
Message 3 of 339
Message 3 of 339

Try if this occurs in Safe mode:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 4 of 339
Message 4 of 339

Yup. Still occuring while in safe-mode. 

One time poster
Message 5 of 339
Message 5 of 339

I'm having this issue on my Xperia Z3c as well. Anyone know what's up?
One time poster
Message 6 of 339
Message 6 of 339

Same problem here.

The top part of my screen isn't working so I can't pull down my statusbar.

This happend overnight while it was on the charger.

In this post I read something disturbing:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-SP/My-status-bar-won-t-pull-down-and-I-can-t-use-the-search-me...

MJ3
One time poster
Message 7 of 339
Message 7 of 339

I am also facing this issue from last few days, Sony India please provide the required support on this.

Learner
Message 8 of 339
Message 8 of 339

Z3C D5803 the notification status bar cannot pull down

Hi,

A month ago, the screen began to be too sensitive. Status bar itself moves up and down when the phone is vertical. Many times the phone rebooted, cash cleaner, factory reset, reinstalled the software but without result.

When slowly turned the phone back in an upright position with the landing Satus Bar, it flashes when I move my finger and once it goes over the top I can not slipped down.

What else do I need to do?

Forum Legend
Message 9 of 339
Message 9 of 339

Re: Z3C D5803 the notification status bar cannot pull down

Have you tried a system repair? but if that fails then I'm sorry to hear this but you would need to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care and have your device inspected http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 10 of 339
Message 10 of 339

Re: Z3C D5803 the notification status bar cannot pull down

Yes, I've done it - twice Slightly frowning Face