account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 331 of 339
Message 331 of 339

Re: Problem to access notification in Portait mode

The notification bar part of the screen is as good as not there. Cant sense touches above the screen. Only can pull down notification bar when screen is in landscape mode. No matter what screen (in app/home), still doesn't work. Not software problem since have been repaired software wise. I dont have a screen protector/tempered glass on. Will sony sony give free repairs for this problem? Used this phone one year, literally. Dropped only once from knee height.

One time poster
Message 332 of 339
Message 332 of 339

Agree. I have exactly the same problem.

The swipe down works perfectly well on the lock screen, and if I rotate.

To workaround, I use open notification app.

I also think that swiping is different to what it used to be.

Flicking to scroll down a page often results in opening links that are not intended, as if I had clicked on them, rather swiping past. It's making using the phone unpleasant.

Anyone else with a problem like this?

Message 333 of 339
Message 333 of 339

Here is an observation indicating that this problem is likely to be a software issue:

1. Doing the diagnostic test for the touchscreen, I get the inactive areas at the top and the bottom of the screen like everybody else.
  2. However, if I magnify the areas near the edges with a triple tap, I am able to completely cover them without fail.
  3. To do so, I actually need to wipe across the regions which - without magnification - were not responsive.
  4. This indicates to me that we are not facing a HW problem: the digitizer is working perfectly fine near at the top and bottom edges once the resolution has been changed (some people reported the change of the resolution as a workaround on rooted phones).

Highlighted
Message 334 of 339
Message 334 of 339

Well, the results are less conclusive when I look at the Service Test of the touchscreen which you can access by dialling *#*#7378423#*#* -> Service Test -> Touch screen

In this case, the traces left on the screen by a finger are much thinner and thus - after magnification with a triple tap as an accessibility setting - provide a better picture of what happens at the edges. It seems that, sadly, some of the sensors might actually be failing very closely to the edges.

This is impossible to see with the built-in diagnostics tool which I used before because it creates much thicker lines possibly colouring in areas where the sensors are actually failing.

Maybe pulling down the bar on the lock screen works because the bar is already visible and hence covers areas with live sensors?

One time poster
Message 335 of 339
Message 335 of 339

I have the same problem, cannot drag notifications down when unlocked, in either portrait or landscape. This worked until I did an update, anyone from Sony actually monitors this forum? If there isn't a software update for this phone (Z3C) I will not be paying Sony another penny as they appear to have made their products obsolete when they still have useful life left in them, and that is a poor business model, if they hope to get any returning customers. 

Visitor
Message 336 of 339
Message 336 of 339

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

how much do they want for repairing this wonderful device that I paid £300 for (!!!!*\%*[) and used only for 2 years (!!!!!???????). 

Visitor
Message 337 of 339
Message 337 of 339

Re: Xperia Z3 compact - Cannot scroll down the status/notification bar when in portrait mode

Seems like there is no history of posts u already wrote..  And seems like they deleted mine. No worries I right again.

So- How much do they want for repairing this wonderful device that I have paid £300 for (!!!!\**[) and used only for 2 years (!!!!!!!!???????????)

Is that how you view your customers? Pigs and cows? Like on avatars? 

+admin who deletes those posts - are you chained to this job feeding 10 kids at home or you just like the idea of unreasonable consumerism and more plastic in your fish?

One time poster
Message 338 of 339
Message 338 of 339

I use an oreo run software with a 

Secure folder to be a backup  ? I'm a person who goes through the notification process each day when I turn on my phone,  if chrome browser has a problem with my email address and I need to confirm it  * I have to go through the password renewal process for my program to stop sending messages  ? My screen is preventing me from signing in if I can't use the notification roll down screen over my home screen and the procedure is made difficult by the fact that it has to be turned off and restarted  ?

One time poster
Message 339 of 339
Message 339 of 339

Yes i have this problem too