account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 321 of 344
Message 321 of 344

Re: Problem to access notification in Portait mode

Hailing from Brazil, and same issue.

My screen suddenly stopped working about 2-3 mm on the top portion in a straight line, rendering drop down menu unusable. Seeying how common this issue is, and how many people are complaining, this is just not an occasional malfuction... tried the support and they refuse to acknowledge the fact their device is defective in an way or another, inherently even. I don't feel like paying for a repair of this nature on a 1.5 y/o, extremely well conserved device.

One time poster
Message 322 of 344
Message 322 of 344

I've been having this problem for a while now but literally just discovered if I double tap the home button it brings down the notification bar! Saves a lot of irritated swiping..

Message 323 of 344
Message 323 of 344

Hi

Recently had problems unable to pull down notification blind for settings and to read and clear messages etc. Touchscreen test showed a few millimetres gap at top of screen so that's the problem!! Don't stress with the solved solution! Just go to Google play store and install-_20180709_142136.JPG

Works fine! And btw Sony.. not good enough!! 

P.S double tap homescreen not working for me.

Sage
Message 324 of 344
Message 324 of 344

I've had the notification bar problem in our Xperia XZ3 compact.

Clearing the homescreen app's cache and data solved it. Maybe it's enough even clearing the cache.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 325 of 344
Message 325 of 344

Re: Z3C the notification status bar cannot pull down

Nova launcher also caused my problems...

In the version I had swiping functions was disabled.. Buying the Prime version solved this... Poor by Nova launcer that default functions are disabled...

One time poster
Message 326 of 344
Message 326 of 344

Thanks for the suggestion, where do I find the home screen app?

Thanks 

@Bhonder wrote:

I've had the notification bar problem in our Xperia XZ3 compact.

Clearing the homescreen app's cache and data solved it. Maybe it's enough even clearing the cache.

Message 327 of 344
Message 327 of 344

Re: Z3C the notification status bar cannot pull down

Not pull-down notifications bar

Visitor
Message 328 of 344
Message 328 of 344

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

I ve just installed edge launcher from Google play, you can find a option for gestures in this launcher add status bar when pull down your finger and solved the problem. Still not fixed the Oreo issue maybe is a bug need to fix in software waiting. Hope this is helpful for Xperia Xa1 users or other. 

Visitor
Message 329 of 344
Message 329 of 344

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

Sorry, I talk about Microsoft launcher not edge. 

Visitor
Message 330 of 344
Message 330 of 344

The notfinotific bar part of the screen is as good as not there. Cant sense touches above the screen. Only can pull down notification bar when screen is in landscape mode. No matter what screen (in app/home), still doesn't work. Not software problem since have been repaired software wise. I dont have a screen protector/tempered glass on. Will sony sony give free repairs for this problem? Used this phone one week. Dropped only once from knee height.