account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 281 of 344
Message 281 of 344

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

@ClaudiaEC

did you ran the touchscreen test?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 282 of 344
Message 282 of 344

Thanks for your suggestion! I've just done it, I can erase all the content except the the top border. It seems the touchscreen in that part is not working properly. Should I make a firmware re-installation with the Sony Companion? Or change the display?

Adviser
Message 283 of 344
Message 283 of 344

I have the z3c for 2 1/2 years now and and experiance the same problem. Seems to me that almost every z3c is getting this problem. Although i loved this phone I`m not sending it for repair. I`m a little dissapointed in Sony for making a poor quality phone. I never held it under water, put it in a case with screen protector before first use en never dropped it. Damm! it`s the small size and good reviews that won me over then but know after all the anoying bloatware, software an hardware issues the love is over.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 284 of 344
Message 284 of 344

I think I've posted this elsewhere, but if you install Nova Launcher from the Play Store, the problem goes away, though of course you'll have to re-arrange your widgets & icons on Nova to look the same.  doing that will save you having to do a hard reset etc. to find the problem still exists.

Incidentally, I also had the exact same problem with my Z3 Compact Tablet after an update - so it's definitely a software issue, not hardware.

Apprentice
Message 285 of 344
Message 285 of 344

Installing the non-Sony app Nova Launcher is a workaround and not the real solution for the problem. As indicated by Sony in reply number 202 your phone has to be repaired. The touchscreen has to be replaced before the phone will function again in combination with the official Sony software. In case you do not have warranty anymore and costs for the repair will be yours (depends on the country you're living), installing Nova Launcher could be a good idea. The discussion whether it's a software or an hardware issue seems to be endless, but we can conclude one thing: for Sony it's serious enough to ask customers to sent the phone back for replacing the touchscreen.

Learner
Message 286 of 344
Message 286 of 344

I also have the same problem. 

Why is this thread marked as Solved? is there a solution? 

Apprentice
Message 287 of 344
Message 287 of 344

@Magick93

See message number 202. It's Sony's official reply and 'solution'. Unfortunately without any further technical explanation why the screen fails nor DIY repair instructions. 

Adviser
Message 288 of 344
Message 288 of 344

I have installed the app: Drop down status bar and placed the icon on the top of the screen. tap it and the status bar appears. Works great.

One time poster
Message 289 of 344
Message 289 of 344

[Drop down status bar] app. Answer to all our prayers! Great.

Visitor
Message 290 of 344
Message 290 of 344

Re: Problem to access notification in Portait mode

oh god please dont mark it solved.. nothing has been done yet and no one has the solution.. specialy sony