account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

SOLVED
twm
Adviser
Message 271 of 343
Message 271 of 343

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

@tinong9 wrote:

@twm wrote:

@tinong9 wrote:

@twm wrote:

Another LCD replaced by warranty, working great again.

Lucky you to still have warranty. Tell us updates on how long it'll last Slightly smiling Face

Been going back to this thread since Sony never acknowledged this issue and apparently will never do?

Great customer service if you ask me. But what is their mobile customer base compared to how well their other products are selling? Prolly not worth the time to save the small customer base.

I could not pass on the opportunity to sell it with a new screen resulting in better demand, so it has a new owner.

In other news I will be able to test out the warranty service again with another defect, this time with my Z4 tablet.

Although these defects that appear only after a year of use have made me very wary of ever buying things from second hand or ebay.

Not bad, considering you made profit out of it in that state

I'd be wary if it's a Sony mobile device. So Z4 tablets have the same problem?

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z4-Tablet/Bad-quality-sound-with-the-speakers/td-p/1004009/pag...

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 272 of 343
Message 272 of 343

@twm wrote:

-snip-

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z4-Tablet/Bad-quality-sound-with-the-speakers/td-p/1004009/pag...

Wow, that's such a major pain.

I mean, all these issues happen in the 2014 or so models and nobody from Sony acknowledges anything even if it's a widespread issue on their devices.

My sister had an Xperia Neo V (old) and she still could use it til last year (used for around 4 years) and she didn't encounter problems.

My phone doesn't have an issue with the sound tho, only the touchscreen (which happened also to z2 up to z5)-- I won't be surprised if Xperia X models encounter this, too.

Visitor
Message 273 of 343
Message 273 of 343

Re: Status bar open difficulty in home screen

One time poster
Message 274 of 343
Message 274 of 343

Notification area

Hello,
I only can to display the notification area if i drag from the left part of my Xperia.
Thanks for all.
Forum Legend
Message 275 of 343
Message 275 of 343

Re: Notification area

hi @Marcos_serandinas

have you tried to test the screen while you are on safe mode?

how about running xperia diagnostics

settings>about phone>diagnostics

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
One time poster
Message 276 of 343
Message 276 of 343

Re: Problem to access notification in Portait mode

Hi Xperia Support,

I am facing the same issue from past one month.

Tried with factory reset, still facing the issue.

When tried to repair phone from Xperia Companion, it says that there is issue while connecting to server.

Visitor
Message 277 of 343
Message 277 of 343

Running a diagnostic test - About > DIagnostics > Touchscreen

I cannot clear the top part of the screen... so the test fails and there is definitely something wrong with the screen. Someone mentioned water damage, though this is a phone that has never been underwater, and is supposedly waterproof!

Is that it, do I need to buy another phone?

And BTW, this thread says "solved"??? IS IT? What is the solution? Shouldn't that be a sticky at the top of this 28 page thread??

tx.

One time poster
Message 278 of 343
Message 278 of 343

Bring your phone to Sony Centre. Apparently that is what the guy who asked this question think as solution..

One time poster
Message 279 of 343
Message 279 of 343

I gave up trying to fix it and downloaded an app 'Drop Down Status Bar', which gave me a shortcut on my home screen to the status bar.

Learner
Message 280 of 343
Message 280 of 343

I'm having the same problem, I did all the procedures indicated by technical support and nothing happens. A technician told me everything was ok with the touchscreen. It's a mystery. I'm considering buying another smartphone, another brand, because don't like things without logical reasons.