account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 261 of 343
Message 261 of 343

Re: Navigation buttons and drop notifications not working (NOT hardware related)

A hardware issue, wherein the touchscreen will slowly stop responding and slowly become useless, the area where it is unresponsive slowly grows wider--continuous use results to this hardware issue.

In other words (according to my own understanding of this issue), fix is to replace screen, and you absolutely CANNOT avoid this problem as you use your phpne.

Currently have unresponsive W-E-R, around numbers 1 to 2, and 8, 9 and 0. Slowly but surely the unresponsive area is getting wider.

Adept
Message 262 of 343
Message 262 of 343

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

There's no Sony place in Sheffield I think I have to go to Vodafone shop, not looking forward to it
Adept
Message 263 of 343
Message 263 of 343

Drop down notification bar

Hi
So it drops down when in homepage with clock but once I go to page with my apps etc it only drops down if I drag down at top left hand corner. Before I rebooted as it was dropping down all the time when scrolling through Web pages.
Help appreciated
Ruprecht
Enthusiast
Message 264 of 343
Message 264 of 343

No more notification bar pull-down, AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Less than 6 months after my Z3 Compact phone was replaced on warranty for similar problems, it seems to have sterted again with the same symptoms. Notification bar on top can no longerbe pulled down. Probably only to wait for the back-button to stop working and the rest of the signs of another failed digitalizer. However this time the phone will not go in for another 'repair' at SONY Malaysia, but to the recycle bin!!

One time poster
Message 265 of 343
Message 265 of 343

Wow.. same Problem for me..

Touchscreen not responsible (service-test-mode) in the status bar zone. 

2 Month after Warranty!

My father (also Z3C) also lately the same with the home-button-zone and also a little after 2 Years..

No Warranty anymore according to Xperia-Care.

I read all this and it seems a common fault of the Touchscreen. On a not very cheap phone! 

This not solving should cost sony customers in the future.. at least my father and me and all people we tell about. 

Big fail Sony! :'(

One time poster
Message 266 of 343
Message 266 of 343

I resetted my z3 compact 3x and didn't fix the problem.  I have since bought a Samsung 6s but I do like the size of the z3c.  

Once in awhile I check this forum and I absolutely can't believe that there is no published solution.  I know for sure it's not a hardware issue because it happened right after the update about 6months ago.

twm
Adviser
Message 267 of 343
Message 267 of 343

Another LCD replaced by warranty, working great again.

Enthusiast
Message 268 of 343
Message 268 of 343

@twm wrote:

Lucky you to still have warranty. Tell us updates on how long it'll last Slightly smiling Face

Been going back to this thread since Sony never acknowledged this issue and apparently will never do?

Great customer service if you ask me. But what is their mobile customer base compared to how well their other products are selling? Prolly not worth the time to save the small customer base.

twm
Adviser
Message 269 of 343
Message 269 of 343

@tinong9 wrote:

@twm wrote:

Lucky you to still have warranty. Tell us updates on how long it'll last Slightly smiling Face

Been going back to this thread since Sony never acknowledged this issue and apparently will never do?

Great customer service if you ask me. But what is their mobile customer base compared to how well their other products are selling? Prolly not worth the time to save the small customer base.

I could not pass on the opportunity to sell it with a new screen resulting in better demand, so it has a new owner.

In other news I will be able to test out the warranty service again with another defect, this time with my Z4 tablet.

Although these defects that appear only after a year of use have made me very wary of ever buying things from second hand or ebay.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 270 of 343
Message 270 of 343

@twm wrote:

@tinong9 wrote:

@twm wrote:

I could not pass on the opportunity to sell it with a new screen resulting in better demand, so it has a new owner.

In other news I will be able to test out the warranty service again with another defect, this time with my Z4 tablet.

Although these defects that appear only after a year of use have made me very wary of ever buying things from second hand or ebay.

Not bad, considering you made profit out of it in that state

I'd be wary if it's a Sony mobile device. So Z4 tablets have the same problem?