account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 241 of 343
Message 241 of 343

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

@Vinceroy wrote:

There was someone in the past couple of days saying that the same issue happens with a brand new Xperia X smartphone (one month old) - but I guess his post was deleted (to be read: censored).

Since we still don't want to fix the issues created by a software update for current customers, we wouldn't want perspective buyers of the new Xperia line to refrain from upgrading to the new products, do we?

This is really way below any threshold of decency or respect for any company's customers...

From the Xperia X thread:

@Harry248 wrote:

Yes, we restored everything after the software repair. Was this a failure? But the statusbar wasn't pullable from the very first moment after the repair - while all the restored apps were still downloading. So I doubt it would have made any difference.

I also already tried the touchscreen test yesterday - without any luck. The upper portion of the screen did not react to touches.

I have requested a repair now and will dispatch the phone later this week.

@Jonas wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me! Slightly smiling Face

Some of the data included in the backup could have been the cause of the top part of the touchscreen not working.

I'm sorry to hear that you will have to send your girlfriends phone to service after such a short time. Slightly frowning Face

Feel free to get back to me if you have any other questions! Slightly smiling Face

To Sony:

Any speculations as to what/which data included in the back up are possible causes of the unresponsive touchscreen?

So that we (the Z-series users) would also be able to fix our phones by removing said cause from our phones.

Cheers

Visitor
Message 242 of 343
Message 242 of 343

I solved the navigation bar problem using Xposed + "Xperia/AOSP NavBar Buttons" module. Just increase navbar height to 150% and it's done. For the notification bar, install Nova Launcher and use the home button action (free) or the swipe down gesture (paid).

One time poster
Message 243 of 343
Message 243 of 343

Since software update yesterday 15 November 2016 my xperia Z3compact has the same issue.

Status bar hard to pull down and tochscreen to responsive while writing precision ist horrible, writing nearly impossible.

What happend? everything was fine before...hope the support find a very quick way to fix that. :-(

One time poster
Message 244 of 343
Message 244 of 343

Happened the same to my Xperia Z3 Compact. The same day. It started as a non expected pull down menu function during browsing, very excessive use of the battery and overheating,theatre pull-down menu just does not function from home screen. However, when phone is locked it works! Which shows that it is not a hardware issue. Sony, any clue?
Highlighted
Learner
Message 245 of 343
Message 245 of 343

I have the same problem. At first i could swipe down only from the top-left corner, then this point changed into the middle, and now this is completely unresponsive. Right after the 2 year warranty of course...

So, I tried the solution written by LouininK, and used the Screen Shift (Aravind Sagar) program. Needs root access. Although those values he/she suggested completely ruines the resolution, and the feeling of the phone.

So I neither changed the resolution, nor the dpi settings, ONLY the 'overscan top' value is set to 4%. It resulted that the whole useful display area shifted downward by a few pixels (6-7 mm), and now the notification drop-down menu landed into an area of my digitizer where it is still responsive.

I hope it solves your struggles.

ps: Can't wait loosing the back, and home button...  

Apprentice
Message 246 of 343
Message 246 of 343

My black Xperia Z3 Compact had the same touch screen/pull down problems after the Android update. Less than 1 month warranty left. Sent the phone to Sony for repairs after consulting Sony's customer support NL one week ago. The lady I spoke to told me this is a known hardware issue and not software or user related.

Today I received a call from Sony that parts for the repair are not quickly available. Sony offered me a brand new Xperia Z3 Compact in white (black ones not available anymore in The Netherlands). I accepted this offer. If the same touch screen problems might occur with the new Xperia Z3 Compact, I can contact Sony for another solution.

One time poster
Message 247 of 343
Message 247 of 343

Thank's for sharing this. Unfortunately that's not problem solved, but a workaround to an issue that shouldn't exist. It would be nice if Sony would respond to this widespread problem and issue a fix, but then my experience of Sony after sales is pretty poor. Last time I share my hard earned with them...

Apprentice
Message 248 of 343
Message 248 of 343

@RedRaM: I agree with you. One would expect proactive behavior by Sony in a situation like this. It is also to my surprise that the issue is widespread and around for such a long time, while a 'real solution' to the problem is still not available.
One time poster
Message 249 of 343
Message 249 of 343

Try glove mode.
One time poster
Message 250 of 343
Message 250 of 343

Have this issue too since enabling the double tap screen wake up....Glove mode sort of works, but it's a fudge and needs a proper fix....