account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 231 of 340
Message 231 of 340

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

This problem still persists despite the "solution" provided--please do not be misled

Only some workarounds are available:

-installing an app which provides other ways to open status bar without touching the screen

-landscape mode

-lockscreen mode

-glove mode (not consistent)

-resizing/changing the screen resolution (involves rooting) will enable pulling down the status bar ---which suggests the hardware is working perfectly fine

For the record, have done the ff. already: software repair, factory reset, diagnostics test, glove mode

Currently have an app to open status bar.

Still waiting for official solutions.

EDIT: while the solution suggests going to your local service center, they will only advise to replace your phone's screen which, if still under warranty, should be free of charge. If not, they will charge you for it (unless you live in the UK, something about customer right on defective product--cannot elaborate this because I'm not from there).

Also, -just me- I'm not paying to repair something I did not break (thus my phone is still defective).

Visitor
Message 232 of 340
Message 232 of 340

Re: Z3C D5803 the notification status bar cannot pull down

It's because your display's digitzer stopped working. Digitizer is a layer over the LCD display which senses the touch and converts it to a digital signal. It's a well known problem of Sony Xperia Z3 compact devices and thousands of people have already complained about the same. It generally starts after 1 year of usage. First you face difficulty in pulling down the notification bar in home screen. Then you loose sensitivity of back and home buttons at the bottom. After that it spreads like a cancer and disables the entire screen. There is only one way to get rid of this. Change your display. If warranty is still valid, you are lucky. Otherwise you have to pay almost half of the phone's cost to Sony to get it repaired. But if you are in Chennai, you can get it done within 4000 Rs. There are many shops in Ritchie street, Mount road who will replace it with a good quality after market display unit and it will come with 100 days of seller warranty. I got it repaired there and it's still working fine after 4 months.
Adviser
Message 233 of 340
Message 233 of 340

I still belive it is a software issue since:

• Touchscreen tests sense the touch input in the "top part", which becomes the extreme left part, during landscape mode
  • also drop down notification works perfectly even if "dragged" from the extreme left side when in landscape mode
  • The issue appeared instantly with the upgrade to Android 6.0

Anyway, unfortunately, this is consumerism - focus only on selling the new products, not on supporting the usual base of customers.

Like someone said - there is no place for fanboys anymore.

With this attitude Sony has left my list of brand options when considering any product (not only mobile phones) and I'll also be sure to warn and advise other potential customers regarding Sony's poor support and attitude.

It is the end of a long line of products for myself as a "fanboy": Ericsson (688i, 1018, T28), Sony Ericsson (K800i, Elm J10), Sony Z1 Compact and now, Z3 Compact.

It clearly marks the end of collaboration with Ericsson and we can all feel that.

Cheers!

Learner
Message 234 of 340
Message 234 of 340

Dear Sony,

thank you for your support and great products.

Unfortunately I am facing some major issues after upgrading my phone (Z3 Compact D5803) to 6.0.1. I conducted the upgrade 2 days ago. My phone was working great before the update. Issues I am facing:

- Status bar pull down is not working constantly, most of the time does not work at all within applications

- While using the keyboard, the status bar often starts to come down by itself

- While using the keyboard I am sometimes not able to make use of some functions like deleting letters

- The back button is not working often

I would kindly ask you to:

- Provide an explanation why those things might have appeared. Please note, I have not dropped my phone. And please could you not disregard the fact that these issues appeared just after the upgrade I conducted.

- Provide mindful solutions I / we should undertake

In case this is part of your process to convince customers to buy new products, I would advise you to do those things less obvious. Slowing down the phone a bit like Apple used to do it is much better.

Best regards,

AllCan

One time poster
Message 235 of 340
Message 235 of 340

I have the same problem. It's definitly a software issue and not hardware. If my phone is locked I press the on button. The screen light up. Then I make the swipe movement with my finger from the top of the screen halfway down (like you normally do to get the notification bar). The phone asks the pincode. I enter it. Then the notification bar is openend. With other words, the touchscreen works just fine as long as the phone is in a locked mode. As soon as the phone is unlocked the touchscreen does not react. This is not hardware but software.

Sony please provide a solution!

Visitor
Message 236 of 340
Message 236 of 340

I think this issue come from the software but it impact to hardware(screen). 

Sony should replace a free screen for customer because this issue come from them but all action just make me disappointed.

I used to a big fan of Sony, but sorry, no more sony device if i can chose.

Adviser
Message 237 of 340
Message 237 of 340

There was someone in the past couple of days saying that the same issue happens with a brand new Xperia X smartphone (one month old) - but I guess his post was deleted (to be read: censored).

Since we still don't want to fix the issues created by a software update for current customers, we wouldn't want perspective buyers of the new Xperia line to refrain from upgrading to the new products, do we?

This is really way below any threshold of decency or respect for any company's customers...

Enthusiast
Message 238 of 340
Message 238 of 340

@Vinceroy wrote:

There was someone in the past couple of days saying that the same issue happens with a brand new Xperia X smartphone (one month old) - but I guess his post was deleted (to be read: censored).

Since we still don't want to fix the issues created by a software update for current customers, we wouldn't want perspective buyers of the new Xperia line to refrain from upgrading to the new products, do we?

This is really way below any threshold of decency or respect for any company's customers...

Correct. Yesterday I received the notification mail in which there is the post... I can't read it anymore on this thread

twm
Adviser
Message 239 of 340
Message 239 of 340

The post was moved to the correct subforum?

Enthusiast
Message 240 of 340
Message 240 of 340

@twm wrote:

The post was moved to the correct subforum?

Correct, here

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-X/Status-bar-pull-down-not-working/m-p/1176176#U1176176

In the end the user has the same issue...!