account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 201 of 339
Message 201 of 339

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

someone tried to install cyanogen instead of local framwork, maybe it can solve the problem what do you think?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 202 of 339
Message 202 of 339

Re: Problem to access notification in Portait mode

I'm sorry to hear that.

In case the touch screen doesn't work properly, first make sure it's clean and if you have any screen protector on it, try to remove this.

If this doesn't help, try doing a software repair using Xperia Companion which will reinstall the phones firmware.

In case the touch screen still doesn't work properly, the phone needs to be sent to an authorized service centre for repairs. For more information on how to submit your phone for repairs and where, please contact your Local support.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 203 of 339
Message 203 of 339

I don't see how this is solved, when I did not cause the defect on my phone and I have to pay for repairs for it to be use-able again.

Cheers

Apprentice
Message 204 of 339
Message 204 of 339

Hello Xperia support did u even read previous messages?
People have tried everything like repair with 1)pc companion 2)diagnostics removing scratch guard cleaning properly
As I said it in different comment kindly provide solutions not work arounds. We have tried every possible way its a bug of Sony and Sony has to fix it under warranty or not u have to provide a solution.
As said dnt flood with same common solutions if it isnt working for mostly every Xperia user
@SONY XPERIA SUPPORT
Inhabitant
Message 205 of 339
Message 205 of 339

I sent my phone in and already got the reply that i will get a new phone because it is not - i repeat not - a FW but a HW problem.

Inhabitant
Message 206 of 339
Message 206 of 339

@jhent0815 They can tell you anything. Easiest for them, when within warranty you bring back your phone, is to give you a new one and say that it's a HW issue.

I still believe it's a combination of HW and SW. I do not think it's purely software, but it's also not purely hardware.

Learner
Message 207 of 339
Message 207 of 339

After 3 weeks of wating Sony have sent me a new phone. 10 days ago they told me that they were delayed in repairing the phone becuase they needed parts that wouldn't be available until this week. Clearly this is a significant problem for a lot of Z3C phones, perhaps older ones? Either way it clear that Sony are currently over run with Z3C's to fix and are just sending out new ones.

As strange as it seems it may be a hardware fault caused by new firmware. Either way it seems it is ultimately a hardware fault and returning to Sony for repair or replacement is the the only fix. If you are out of warranty and in the EU then you have rights that protect you from this kind of hardware failiure and Sony will have to replace or repair your phone for free, it's the law. Elsewhere in the world check what rights you have and argue that this is clearly the fault of Sony, and not you, so a free repair is the only reasonable option.

And Sony, in future just send out a new phone right away instead of leaving me, and others, without phones for 3 weeks. Also please be up front about the problem instead of leaving it to your customers to have to figure it out.

Learner
Message 208 of 339
Message 208 of 339

In India Sony told me to either pay 150 dollars or get lost. My phone warranty of 1 year ran out and in a month this problem cropped up. Never buying a sony product again, I feel I have been duped out of my hard earned money.

Learner
Message 209 of 339
Message 209 of 339

@arizkohli: +1 from my side: I'm from India,too and shelling that kind of money for a so called "flagship" phone which goes bad just after warranty expires: shame on you Sony, I presume sony quality of products is a history.

One time poster
Message 210 of 339
Message 210 of 339

For a month i cant pull down the bar but was able to pull it down when screen is locked. That's weird. But now i can no longer pull it down in locked screen. What's gonna happen next, Sony? Home button?