account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

SOLVED
Learner
Message 61 of 343
Message 61 of 343

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

I don't really understand the point of having this forum here. So many people write >> same problem. Nobody replies. Great, really.

From my side: My Xperia Z3C was with Sony Service Center for 3 weeks now. They wanted to replace the main board, cost = USD 220. I told them I'm not accepting this. The phone is 1 year and 4 months old. But in Thailand warranty is only one year.

Got my phone back not repaired. Still trying to convince them to discount me half of the cost, this I would be willing to pay. If they don't, I will buy an iPhone and NEVER NEVER AGAIN BUY ANYTHING FROM SONY!!!! It's so ridiculous how Sony treats its customers. Charge me so much money for this phone and after 1 year and 4 months I can throw it away or get annoyed every single minute using it? WT*?

Visitor
Message 62 of 343
Message 62 of 343

Just install from "play store" the free application "DropDownStusBar", it worked for me.

Visitor
Message 63 of 343
Message 63 of 343

Did you guys have that problem right after updating your phone? Cuz' I only got that problem after a couple of weeks when I updated mine. Also, I found out that I can't touch the top part of the screen (the part that shows the battery percentage and time) when I was using the app "sketch". Maybe that's the reason why I can't access to the status bar. But I can still get access to it when I'm in landscape mode or when I'm on lock screen. Not sure if something's broken on my phone but I'm really careful with it. Try it on your phone to see if we have the same problem and pls. reply after testing it. Thanks.
Visitor
Message 64 of 343
Message 64 of 343

Same situation but only happened after a couple of weeks after updating to 6.0.1 (I think it's marshmallow)
One time poster
Message 65 of 343
Message 65 of 343

Same problem Z3 dual (D6633), tried all - reset / repair / diagnostic but still not worked.

1. worked in lock screen

2. worked in landscape mode

3. doesn't work - in safe mode

used in workaround "DropDownStatusBar" app...

any idea? to solve it...

I'm sure, that its software issue.. otherwise why it's worked from lockscreen?

One time poster
Message 66 of 343
Message 66 of 343

Hi, just wanted to add to the list of frustrated people... Same problem. This morning had to restart my phone to stop the alarm, as I couldn't get to it otherwise. It would be nice to hear some sort of response from Sony on the estemates when this could be fixed....

One time poster
Message 67 of 343
Message 67 of 343

Same here. I updated my phone a few weeks ago and now the status bar cannot be pulled down. I am really upset regarding this so I just forget sony in the future, no more company who does not do any usable help for its costumers.

One time poster
Message 68 of 343
Message 68 of 343

Have the same problem. The pull-down menu stopped working after updating to Marshmellow 6.01. The "DropDownStusBar" app does not solve the problem, but it makes it more tolerable.

Thanks for this workaround!

Rookie
Message 69 of 343
Message 69 of 343

I have no issues using/accessing the pulldown menu when I'm on the homescreen.

For me what does not work after the update is accessing the pulldown menu while recording a video. I used this regulalrly before the update to continue playing music while recording a video

see here:

http://androidforums.com/threads/record-video-while-playing-music.773766/

any tipp to work around this issue?

The above mentioned app is of no help for this specicic problem as far as I can see.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 70 of 343
Message 70 of 343

Re: Z3C D5803 the notification status bar cannot pull down

Same goes for me... Diagnostics for touch fails...