account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 51 of 343
Message 51 of 343

Re: Cannot scroll down notification bar and phone shortcut on lock screen gone after Android 6.0 upg

@jtetimayer

You can read more about Doze here

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 52 of 343
Message 52 of 343

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

After updating to Android 6.0.1 same problem here: Pulling down from the status bar only works with a 20% chance while unlocked. No matter which app I'm using, same

>> If I'm in the lock screen, no problem.

>> If I activate glove mode in the display settings, it's back to normal. But glove mode is just annoying.

>> Reset my Xperia Z3C already 2x using Sony Bridge for Mac. Even if I don't load ANY apps, nor restore ANY settings or Google accounts, the problem persist.

Using Android Lollipop before, never had this problem. It's a TERRIBLE and very annoying BUG. Sony, please advise how to fix it. It's really, really frustrating. Spend all evening yesterday with backups etc. and now I'm having a factory default phone which still doesn't work. I'll try Sony Support in Thailand today, but honestly don't have much of a hope.

WHY IS IT NOT POSSIBLE TO DOWNGRADE? It would solve my problem.

Badly regret updating my phone. Never touch a running.............

Learner
Message 53 of 343
Message 53 of 343

Re: Cannot scroll down notification bar and phone shortcut on lock screen gone after Android 6.0 upg

1. Same here. SUPER annoying!! Angry Face

>> Enabling glove mode in the display settings makes mine go back to "normal", but glove mode is not really a solution forever. It's annoying as well...

Factory reset already 2x, didn't help.

One time poster
Message 54 of 343
Message 54 of 343

I have the same problem but it works only in horizontal position
Highlighted
Message 55 of 343
Message 55 of 343

I have same problem after android M update
One time poster
Message 56 of 343
Message 56 of 343

I have been facing the same problem. Plus audio jack problem...

What's next Sony?

Very frustrating. It's supposed to be a premium phone...
One time poster
Message 57 of 343
Message 57 of 343

Yap, my Z3C too. Until this day, it still happened.
Sony, where are you now?
One time poster
Message 58 of 343
Message 58 of 343

Same here after 6.0.1 update, in the touchscreen test, in safe mode, or not, i cannot clean a top slice of the screen.

One time poster
Message 59 of 343
Message 59 of 343

Sama prob i have thats just started today. Is there any update for this android m?
One time poster
Message 60 of 343
Message 60 of 343

i have the same problem what can i do

@MarcRiver wrote:

Weird issue I'm getting since installing 5.1

While in the lock screen, if I was to pull down the status bar - it's fine. Same sensitivity as before. Once I unlock my phone, trying to pull down the status bar is incredibly difficult. Takes about 5 swipes before it comes down. Anyone else having this issue?

Cheers

Marc

@MarcRiver wrote:

Weird issue I'm getting since installing 5.1

While in the lock screen, if I was to pull down the status bar - it's fine. Same sensitivity as before. Once I unlock my phone, trying to pull down the status bar is incredibly difficult. Takes about 5 swipes before it comes down. Anyone else having this issue?

Cheers

Marc