account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 41 of 340
Message 41 of 340

Re: Cannot slide down quick settings

still the  same, sigh. this is sad. rebooted it and its not sliding down as it supposed to be.

when i lock my phone sometimes can slide down and sometimes cannot, not sure why

Forum Legend
Message 42 of 340
Message 42 of 340

try to run diagnostics http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiae4dual/userguide/Running-diagnostic-tests/

see if your screen is working properly

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Rookie
Message 43 of 340
Message 43 of 340

found out light sensor failed, vibration failed, acelerometer and gyroscope is failed. This is sad :-(

Forum Legend
Message 44 of 340
Message 44 of 340

Try to run software repair using pc companion

________________________________________________________________________________
Rookie
Message 45 of 340
Message 45 of 340

still doesn't function. does restore factory settings a  same option compared to repairing ? and do u think restoring to factory settings would help ?

Forum Legend
Message 46 of 340
Message 46 of 340

this is becoming more of a hardware issue, but trying a factory resest + software repair puts your device in an out of the box state.

you can try that. if it still fails try to have your phone checked at your local service center http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 47 of 340
Message 47 of 340

Don't waste any time with updates, reboots or factory resets.

Take the phone to a Sony Repair Center before your warranty expires. It is a hardware issue.

Too many Z3s had this problem (including mine) and the touch screen was replaced within warranty.

One time poster
Message 48 of 340
Message 48 of 340

Re: Status bar/Notification pull down difficult in home screen

I have since yesterday, the same problem.

First it started with the notification bar problem. I thought maby screen rotation was the problem and turnt it off, but now I can’t set it on anymore. Because the next problem suddenly appears, the half of the screen (from the top) doesn’t react anymore.

I only can use the screen from the middle down in the standup position (no landscape anymore). I even can’t turn the phone off normal. I tried restart (wit hand without Sim), reboot, software update (version: 5.0.2), save modus and the problem is still there.

What do you think, will factory resetting work?

Is there anything or tips to fix this?

One time poster
Message 49 of 340
Message 49 of 340

Cannot scroll down notification bar and phone shortcut on lock screen gone after Android 6.0 upgrade

Hi everyone,

I've just updated my OS to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. I've looked through some of the topics and I have some issues/questions:

1. I'm also having trouble with scrolling my notification bar down. Actually now it doesn't scroll down at all, unless it's on lock screen (which would mean it's not a hardware problem, right?), and I haven't found any solution or explanation to this... Is there anyone who knows what's going on?

2. I've noticed the shortcut to the phone on lock screen is replaced by voice search. I found the one to the phone very useful, so I wonder if there's any way I can customize the lock screen so I can get it back Slightly frowning Face

3. So Stamina mode is also gone, which I was also very fond of. Could someone please explain how the battery optimising function works?

Thanks for the support! Slightly smiling Face
Emperor
Message 50 of 340
Message 50 of 340

Re: Cannot scroll down notification bar and phone shortcut on lock screen gone after Android 6.0 upg

@jtetimayer

1 could you test it in >>> safe mode ?

Also, Settings > about phone > diagnostics > test > test touchscreen

2 Settings > apps > gear icon > Default apps > Assist & voice input > Assist app > you can set it to none but can't replace it with the phone. 

3 It has been replaced by doze 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)