account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony z3 compact xperia back and home button not working

Inhabitant
Message 61 of 465
Message 61 of 465

Re: Sony z3 compact xperia back and home button not working

Thanks for the answer.

Local support in Tahiti (French Polynesia) is poor. Phone only guaranty for 6 months, and I have to pay to send it in France for inspection and have to pay to repair it too (and ship back!).

Seems simpler and maybe cheaper to directly buy a new phone.

Still annoy me that a hardware problem come like that, in the evening everything was ok, the next morning = hardware issue.

Don't know if I'm ready to buy a Z5c, seems like Sony has a screen (or digitizer) problem, and they don't communicate on it.

Thanks for this users forum to help us understand more what it could be. Slightly smiling Face

Emperor
Message 62 of 465
Message 62 of 465

@Maranui

Sorry to hear that, that's odd that you will have to send it to France to get it inspected/repaired, @alexdon do you experience any digitizer issues with the Z5 Compact?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 63 of 465
Message 63 of 465

@uliwooly @Maranui No, but I will keep checking.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 64 of 465
Message 64 of 465

Hi!

I'm from Paraguay and i'm joining the long list of xperia z3 compact owners, which have problems with back, home, and last apps buttons.

I hope the guys at Sony can help us solve this problem quickly..!!

Message 65 of 465
Message 65 of 465

I have exhausted all possible options as stated previously in the forum (apart from unlocking the bootloader and installing a custom rom - see http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/unlock-yourboot-loader/)

The following will need to be implemented for an acceptable level of functionality of your phone:

• Initially use glove mode to improve functionality (this can be turned off after the following steps have been implemented)
  • Install the EasyTouch app in playstore for a floating navigation bar (after installation assign accessibility permissions)
  • install a navigation key/bar hider app (e.g. Hide System Bar; GMD Full Screen Immersive Mode or GMD Auto Hide Soft Keys)
  • NB: rotating the screen into landscape assists in button pushing (I discovered after turning off glove mode sometimes pressing the buttons don't always work)

Hopefully sony provides an update that fixes this rediculous issue!

Inhabitant
Message 66 of 465
Message 66 of 465

Thanks for the tips. Slightly smiling Face

Anyone who find a solution, don't hesitate to share.

I saw that sometimes an application could be responsible?

Rookie
Message 67 of 465
Message 67 of 465

I have used my phone for just over a year and now I have the same problem as you. I have done the fix using PC companion with no success, and it seemed like it's worse after resetting it. This is really annoying as my previous phones were only problematic after more than 2 yrs of use. I heard its Z5c version is also experiencing similar problems.

Inhabitant
Message 68 of 465
Message 68 of 465

Same thing about things getting worse after the pc repair and reset to factory settings! :S 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 69 of 465
Message 69 of 465

I'm sorry to hear that.

In case a software repair using PC Companion doesn't help, also try the screen protector if you have one and see if that helps.

If the display still doesn't react to touch properly this needs to be investigated and fixed at a service centre. Please contact your Local support for assistance and information on where you can have this checked.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 70 of 465
Message 70 of 465

Thanks for the reply. I have removed the screen protector with same results. Did a screen test and found an area of which the screen is not responsive. 

What irks me is that this happens just a bit after a warranty expired. My phone is in a casing that protects it at all times, with a good screen protector, and yet this happened. This is not something I expected from a phone that is supposed to withstand water! BTW, I didn't even use it underwater. My old Samsung phones only started misbehaving after abt 3 yrs of use, so suffice to say I am very disappointed with this outcome.

To me, if a phone needs to be sent to a service centre just after a year, that is a sign of poor quality.