account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sony z3 compact xperia back and home button not working

Inhabitant
Message 41 of 465
Message 41 of 465

Re: Sony z3 compact xperia back and home button not working

Well described, same thing.
Why is it so long for a solution?
:-(
One time poster
Message 42 of 465
Message 42 of 465

I have similar problem from last couple days. I've tried hard reset my device and repair it with sony bridge for mac, but the problem is still there. I'm using third party app called touch it from google play for temporary solution.
Visitor
Message 43 of 465
Message 43 of 465

I am in Brazil an the issue started today after I updated some Sony software (Background Blur) but not the phone software (this I have done weeks ago). SO may be coincidence or not.

Screen is ok for touch in same area,

rotating phone do not work,

safe mode do not restore,

I installed EasyTouch from Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shere.easytouch

This application simulate Home, Task, Back and Notification bar access on an icon that can be placed anywhere (for back button work ypu need to enable this app in Accessibility, and you need to give access for notifications to the app too).

In fack this app seem more easy way to use that with buttons in the bottom.

Now I can use the phone with one finger only. I will keep using it even if I had a new phone.

Is this a software or hardware problem?

It seem strange to me that so many people got it at the same time and some without updating.

If you contact SONY they want the phone for repair. They not seem to know the issue (and several people have it), and they not seem to know what they are doing.

HEY SONY give us an answer.

Rookie
Message 44 of 465
Message 44 of 465

Hello,

I have the same problem.

A few weeks ago the notification drop down menu stoped working in normal as well as safe mode. However, I could work around that using the lock screen and the horizontal screen.

Today, home, back and recent apps buttons stopped working entirely in normal mode and most of the time in safe mode.

I did a factory reset today, that didn't change anything.

My phone's information are

Android version 5.1.1

Baseband version 8974-AAAAANAZQ-29481-1-55

Kernel version 3.4.0-perf-gbe52486 BuildUser@BuildHost #1 Thu Sep 17 15:00:01 2015

Build number 23.4.A.1.264

With that, this supposedly high end, only a single year old phone is completely useless trash. I am very angry and disappointed. Especially by the fact, that this issue persists for months already and has not been resolved yet.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 45 of 465
Message 45 of 465

I'm sorry to hear that Slightly frowning Face

If you have a screen protector on the display i recommend that you try to remove this. Also try to perform a software repair using PC Companion  to make sure it's not caused by anything software related.

If this doesn't help and the touch screen still doesn't respond properly i recommend that you contact a service centre or your Local support for assistance.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 46 of 465
Message 46 of 465

Same thing, still no solution. Slightly frowning Face
After the navigation bar issue, I also have the drop notification menu not accessible.

Maybe Sony just have to admit the problem and call back the faulty series...
Or give us a patch, or an update.

I don't even want a new Z3c or even Z5c if the problem show up after 8-10 months, everytime.

I hope Android 6.0 will solve the problem like magic, but who still believe in magic? Face with open Mouth

Rookie
Message 47 of 465
Message 47 of 465

Hi,

I never had a screen protector on that phone.

And I also tried the software repair via PC Companion, but it never proceeds after "2. prepare" step 5. Could you please give a description of what I am supposed to see on the mobile screen while performing the "prepare" steps. I would like to make sure I am doing those right.

One time poster
Message 48 of 465
Message 48 of 465

Same case. I have been facing the same issue. The thing I am worried about is the time taken by Service Centres to solve the problem. It takes a week or more . I cannot be without a phone for a whole week or more. Can anyone who has had this issue fixed, tell me about the period of time taken by the Service Centre to fix the issue ?. Is it days or weeks ?

Inhabitant
Message 49 of 465
Message 49 of 465

Nothing new here! Slightly frowning Face

It gets even worst, screen doesn't rotate anymore (just in camera mode).

Even if they give me a new Z3c, how long it will take to have the same problem.
I don't know why there's no solution, no update...

Really disappointing...

Emperor
Message 50 of 465
Message 50 of 465

@Maranui

Repair the phone with PCC and report back

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)