account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Sony z3 compact xperia back and home button not working

One time poster
Message 221 of 465
Message 221 of 465

Re: Sony z3 compact xperia back and home button not working

had the same issues as everyone else, except for me it happened in this order:

At first my notification bar was finicky, it would work sometimes but I had to slide it precisely in one place. I attempted resetting my phone to factory settings but the problem persisted. I made due with it, until eventually the entire notification bar stopped pulling down, it only works when I get a notification and catch it in the act.

More recently, a few days ago, the back, home and multitasking button started going out on me. Now, the whole bottom row won't work - ever as far as I can tell. I've had the new update for a while now so it's strange that it stopped working so suddenly. It's concerning that Sony has yet to do anything about it, they could at least give us the option to roll back the update...
Rookie
Message 222 of 465
Message 222 of 465

I'm having the same as everyone. The top swipedown failed a while ago but I can live with that. The home/back buttons failing is extremely annoying
Rookie
Message 223 of 465
Message 223 of 465

I have been experiencing the same problem for the past 2 days. I have not updated the software.
Could it be related to the screen guard.
Apprentice
Message 224 of 465
Message 224 of 465

Update to my post, looks like the problem is increasing, the home button also is beginning to fail. Installed the app back button.
One time poster
Message 225 of 465
Message 225 of 465

I had the same issue and sent the mobile to sony for repairing and waiting their response.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 226 of 465
Message 226 of 465

Have you tried the (show touches) option in developer option?

One time poster
Message 227 of 465
Message 227 of 465

Same issue! My phone is unusable! Thanks you Sony! Well done! Since last update, 2 days ago.
Regular
Message 228 of 465
Message 228 of 465

I also have this same problem, was fine then next time I used the phone they wouldn't work. Did contact Sony who advised to try a software repair, well I've just done that and it's still the same. Will contact them tomorrow to see what I do now, just glad it's still in warranty.
Regular
Message 229 of 465
Message 229 of 465

Just read on another thread about putting phone into glove mode and lightly touching the screen with your little finger. It does take some getting used to, still doesn't fix the problem though.
MZ5
One time poster
Message 230 of 465
Message 230 of 465

Z3 Compact - 3 main keys on the bottom not working after latest update Sep16

Z3 Compact - 3 main keys on the bottom not working after latest update Sep16