account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sony z3 compact xperia back and home button not working

Genius
Message 11 of 465
Message 11 of 465

Re: Sony z3 compact xperia back and home button not working

Hi @User105

Thanks for your useful infromation.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Rookie
Message 12 of 465
Message 12 of 465

HI @Xavinux !

I had the exactly the same Android OS version and the software update number as @user105.

Android version: 5.1.1
Build number: 23.4.A.1.232

Additional information:

Kernel version:
3.4.0-perf-g5c87ba0-02008-gbe52486

Baseband version:
8974-AAAAANAZQ-29481-1-53

Genius
Message 13 of 465
Message 13 of 465

Hi @flo1962

Thank you for this information.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Regular
Message 14 of 465
Message 14 of 465

Hi @xavinux

Please suggest some fix for this or share the link to rollback two of Sony xperia z3 compact updates for users who have this problem. Without back/home button, I can't move between applications and the navigation is complete mess. Every time I have to restart the phone to work on a new app it to return to home screen. This is such an annoying update. Waiting for your reply at the earliest.

@hue899
If you come across any work around to fix this issue please post the same. Thanks.
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 15 of 465
Message 15 of 465

Any updates available for this issue.? Pls update. Or you suggest me to take my phone to service center?
Regular
Message 16 of 465
Message 16 of 465

Visited sony service center. It's a known issue it seems. Those who are having this issue please visit service center before its too late. Looks like there is a problem with screen panel.
One time poster
Message 17 of 465
Message 17 of 465

Hi all. Now,I have problem about drop-down notification too. First i try reset my device result to data is loss and can't use drop-down notification yet. I try to change theme & icon from Line Launcher application result to use drop-down slide for home screen only but can use for other application or remain page. And version for my device is same @user105 Apprentice. Please help me for this case. Thank you ((;
Regular
Message 18 of 465
Message 18 of 465

@AliceBtBig: If you face this problem soon after you updated the software most likely it has to be the same issue as mentioned above.

Check with Sony service center if it's so. My Sony panel replacement was covered under warranty. Good luck.
Genius
Message 19 of 465
Message 19 of 465

Hi @AliceBtBig

Please, first run a backup of the device information as explained here. Then perform the system repair using PC Companion or Bridge for MAC. This will factory reset your phone and erase all data. You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery. Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off until you are prompted (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device). Start PC Companion -> Support zone -> Update my phone/tablet -> Blue Repair my phone/tablet -> follow instructions. When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button. The repair or reformat process will start. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64 bit operating system adjust settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode -> chose Windows 7 or XP. I´m at disposal for any question.

Regular
Message 20 of 465
Message 20 of 465

Definitely do try the above option as mentioned by xavinux. But it dint work for me. Good luck.