account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place this monday
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Soft Skin effect

SOLVED
Learner
Message 21 of 95
Message 21 of 95

Re: Soft Skin effect

Can anyone confirm whether this clear cache/data workaround works? I don't have my phone yet and I want to be sure whether is works everytime or not.

Rookie
Message 22 of 95
Message 22 of 95

Tried to do the clear cache/data yesterday but had the same result. I think this is a bug with sony camera app that needs an update. :/
Learner
Message 23 of 95
Message 23 of 95

It happens on other camera apps either.
Rookie
Message 24 of 95
Message 24 of 95

^same thing here. -.-
Learner
Message 25 of 95
Message 25 of 95

Agreed, this totally ruins the camera feature for me. This needs to be fixed.

One time poster
Message 26 of 95
Message 26 of 95

Re: front cam pics blurry softened after saving

It's really awful! I hate this default soft skin blurry effect so much that I'd like to change the cell-phone!
Sony, please, make some fix and update your mobiles to give me an opportunity to turn this "advantage" offffff forever!
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 27 of 95
Message 27 of 95

Re: front cam pics blurry softened after saving

well, ater the update to the latest firmware it seems that the image quality for back camera has improved.

but i think the front cam has still the same softening effect. right now i think that in order ro reduce the noisy pixels for the end result (the final jpeg) it is always taking pixels around and mixing them up to remove the noise. maybe an average color in an area of pixels. the result is no noice but a blurry post processed jpeg picture.

i know that its probably not possible to have both. but sony please at least let the customer decide if he wants blurry and noiceless or sharp and noicy. you could implement a a slider for enabling balacing this by the customer itself.100%/0%, 50/50 or 0/100

Rookie
Message 28 of 95
Message 28 of 95

Bad Quality Front Camera

Hello,

The quality of photos taken by front camera are very poor. 

Before having a Z3, I used a Samsung S3 and the quality was better. I'm very surprised of this poor quality.

Do you have some information about this issue  ? 

Emperor
Message 29 of 95
Message 29 of 95

Re: Bad Quality Front Camera

Could you elaborate on the issue? is there anything blocking the front facing camera?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 30 of 95
Message 30 of 95

I've noticed, when you use the snapchat camera and save the photo you've taken it has no sony processing on it.

But nevertheless this workaround should not be there in the first place.