account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Smashed screen; repacement sim in post - how to access files on phone?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Smashed screen; repacement sim in post - how to access files on phone?

Hi All,

I have a smashed screen on my phone and would like to get back in to it.

I have managed to get the screen on to a monitor using a micro usb to HDMI box but I have no way of connecting a mouse to operate the phone and unlock it.

Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB debug and Google control are turned off.

Xperia Companion gets as far as wanting the phone unlocked...

Any help will be great - Thanks

Here is what happened:-

I lost the phone, feared the worst, canceled SIM, Replacement SIM in the post.

Wonderful people in Stoke on Trent went way out of their way to find the owner of the phone.

Got phone back but it had been run over by a car.

Screen all smashed but phone appears to be working, charging, making correct noises etc.

Micro USB slot working too. (laptop recognises it plugged in but no file list.)

SD card recovered.

So the hopeful question is:

Is there a clever way to access these files?

In hope - W

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Smashed screen; repacement sim in post - how to access files on phone?

@Widg 

I'm sorry to hear that but your only option is if you connect a mouse to unlock it 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Smashed screen; repacement sim in post - how to access files on phone?

Thanks for your reply.

The issue I have is that I am unable to connect a mouse as the micro USB port is being used for video and to the best of my knowledge the port can't handle OTG and video at the same time.

Is there a way to get to an engineering mode where I can turn on bluetooth? I have a small keyboard/mouse that I once paired with the phone. That pairing may still exist..