account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Skype Issue on 5.1.1

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 51 of 88
Message 51 of 88

Re: Microphone help

Is this while using headphones?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 52 of 88
Message 52 of 88

Re: Microphone help

I never used headphones. I did a new update (repair) on my computer PC Companion.

Adept
Message 53 of 88
Message 53 of 88

Re: Skype Issue on 5.1.1

Skype doesn't work AT ALL with earphones. The issue is more persistent on earphones but it also happens on regular calls with/without earphones.
Rookie
Message 54 of 88
Message 54 of 88

Hi,

I do have the same problem. Went to the service center earlier and they could not seem to identify what seems to be the problem. One suggested to uninstall the Skype app and then go to the settings and reset the preferences. Afterwhich re-install Skype again. i tried this one yet to no avail. 

The personnel told me if the error still prevails, they will re-update the phone. But they have given no assurance if this could fix the issue at the moment.

One time poster
Message 55 of 88
Message 55 of 88

I have tried with bluetooth headset, it is working properly. The problem is in sony end. Please fix it. it is really making a problem in our daily life.

Thanks for your co-operation

Ayan

One time poster
Message 56 of 88
Message 56 of 88

Two issues with vibrate and phone calls

1) my phone randomly stop vibrate (when calls, notifications etc) and come back also randomly.
2) when placing new call, the other side can not hear me at all, only when switching to speaker. But when someone call me there is no problem.

First problem I had since bought the phone and Second one since I upgraded to 5.1.1
Rookie
Message 57 of 88
Message 57 of 88

Any updates on this?

Highlighted
Message 58 of 88
Message 58 of 88

I too have the same issue even after reparing with software update.

Seems issue with OS.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 59 of 88
Message 59 of 88

We have found a fix for the issue with using a headset in some 3:rd party app like Skype. The fix will be implemented in the next software update. We hope to start the rollout in about a month from now.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

Learner
Message 60 of 88
Message 60 of 88

Microphone problem

Hey guys I have a problem with the microphone of my z3 compact. Every time I call somebody they seem to not hear me at all but when I put the audio output on they hear me perfectly and when I take it off they still hear me. So each time I have to make a phone call I have to put the audio output and take it off, it's really annoying.
But when I receive a call I just answer it normally and it works, the person on the other end hears me fine.
I don't know if any of you already had this glitch but if you did, please tell me how made it stop.

Thanks 😊