account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Search in messages / conversation

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Search in messages / conversation

When I open the messaging app, when i tap search, searching is made within text of messages / conversations.

Is there a way to search also BY contact / sender...? Assuming that i want in the list of all messages to direct search conversation wits a specific contact... How can i achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Re: Search in messages / conversation

I forward the message to our local support in Romania.

Bottom line, i like a lot the Sony UI of Android on my Z3 Compact.

So i don't want to go for a third party app just for a small functionality Slightly smiling Face

Would be a helpful and nice to have fucntionality.

And i hope in one day this will come as a standard from Sony.

Thank's a lot.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@Kiu_RO

Aren't conversations already displayed by default as conversations? It my Z3 and Z5 messages are shown as threads per contact.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Yes, they are grouped by every specific contact.

But i use often to send /receive messages to a specific contact.

And to find conversation with that contact I have to scroll through the list.

I would like to avoid this, and i imagine that i can search in list of conversations by a specific contact.

Now the only option that i have is somehow to remember a specific word/text from our conversation, to find the conversation with that specific contact.

Of course i always have the possibility to find the contact, tap message and this will open the entire conversation list with that contact.

But i would like an easy solution directly in messaging screen.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Kiu_RO,

The Messaging app will only search content found in messages that has been sent or received and will not search for contacts. I do see your point though so thank you for the feedback about this.

As you mentioned yourself you can go through the Contacts app instead of the Messaging app. Might also be that other messaging apps will allow you to search for contacts directly in the app so you could search Google Play for alternatives to our own app.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@Kiu_RO

It seems this is not possible with the current version of messaging, I suggest that you forward this to you Local support as a feedback. In the meanwhile using a 3rd party messaging app would provide you a temporary solution.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I forward the message to our local support in Romania.

Bottom line, i like a lot the Sony UI of Android on my Z3 Compact.

So i don't want to go for a third party app just for a small functionality Slightly smiling Face

Would be a helpful and nice to have fucntionality.

And i hope in one day this will come as a standard from Sony.

Thank's a lot.