account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Screen goes black when making a call

One time poster
Message 81 of 286
Message 81 of 286

Re: Screen goes black when making a call

if the top left corner of the screen is loose and you can lift the screen up this is where your problem is. the fix is easy but delicate so i'll run through everything you need to do. firstly if you've done the ear proximity test and as soon as it starts it's vibrating, that's the first sign this fix will work. what you do next is hold the phone upright with your thumb and forefinger in the top left corner applying light pressure, try dialing a number now to see if the screen goes black. if it doesn't and everything works, you'll now need to glue the screen in position. turn off the phone and using ordinary glue, not superglue, get a watch makers screwdriver and dip it in the glue to just cover the end. lift the corner of the screen with your nail, and lightly apply the glue to the underside of the screen with the screwdriver. once all the exposed edge has a covering of glue, lightly hold the screen in the same place as when you tested it, do not press too hard as your trying to keep the glass straight. hold for a few minutes for the glue to take and don't use for maybe an hour or two so that it sets.if your nervous about doing the glueing, you can do a temporary fix by heating the corner with a hair dryer and holding the corner in place till the phone cools down to check that it works right. two reasons why this is happening, sony made an update for the phone that increased the sensativity to the ear proximity sensor which is why the fault seems to appear after the update, and the other reason is that we as users, press too hard on the screen and weaken the glue line on the edge because we're pressing the centre of the sceen too deep. if you check the ear proximity sensor when the fix is done, you'll find that the buzzing doesn't start straight away, but now only buzzes when placed on a flat surface. black screen problem now fixed. hope this helps a few of you out there.

Talent
Message 82 of 286
Message 82 of 286

This isn't a solution for me. The screen isn't loose anywhere.
One time poster
Message 83 of 286
Message 83 of 286

That means that the LCD is unglued at the top of the device. Try pressing with your finger on the logo of the mobile phone. I hope I helped.
One time poster
Message 84 of 286
Message 84 of 286

Same problem here. Phone has been okay for a year but now, as soon as I hit call the screen goes black. No way I can use number pad during, cannot end a call etc. Where is the Marshmallow softwate update? I have been waiting a long time and now is already March 28, 206!
Inhabitant
Message 85 of 286
Message 85 of 286

Mine has just started doing this. I find that once a call is in progress I can press the volume up/down keys to get the screen to display.

Still damned annoying.

One time poster
Message 86 of 286
Message 86 of 286

wel ldone chap     your tip worked a treat on my Z5 premium.

kudos left my friend.

:smileysmileythumbsup:

One time poster
Message 87 of 286
Message 87 of 286

I had also same problem but removed screen prote tor glass and became normal.
One time poster
Message 88 of 286
Message 88 of 286

Removing the tempered glass resolved my issue

One time poster
Message 89 of 286
Message 89 of 286

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WkPZ7fGUsM

This might help a lot. It worked for me.

Cc2
One time poster
Message 90 of 286
Message 90 of 286

HI my fone is doing the same was just wondering if uve managed to sort it yet and what was the problem