account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Screen goes black when making a call

Learner
Message 41 of 286
Message 41 of 286

Re: Screen goes black when making a call

Tried, Didn't help.

One time poster
Message 42 of 286
Message 42 of 286

Had same problem, found solution. your original front cover is loose, even is hard to see but that what happened to my phone. after i glue it again work super. any question e mail me 

One time poster
Message 43 of 286
Message 43 of 286

Ups, you're right. i couldn't beleve it but my screen is actually a bit loose. Black screen problem go away when pressing the screen back in place.

I would like to know how you performed the task with the glue. I am a bit affraid to use too much glue which might damage the inside of the screen.

I don't see your email anywhere...so i am not able to write you directly.

Learner
Message 44 of 286
Message 44 of 286

Just left 3 store at Abbey Centre N.Ireland and guy in store noticed my glass screen protector was covering proximity sensors. Working like new now. I'll update if problem returns. Looking good. Thanks to 3 guy.
One time poster
Message 45 of 286
Message 45 of 286

I too had the same issue. I had purchase Xperia C4 one day back and the phone screen goes black on every call. I have tried to update the system as well as reset the phone to factory setting but it not works. Now I am so tried and need not to know what to do with the phone as there is no solution found on the sony website or any other website.

please suggest if there is any solution on this.

One time poster
Message 46 of 286
Message 46 of 286

Performing the ear test, my phone vibrates from the momet i press test meaning even when it is not placed face down. how to clean Z3 sensor water resistant to address the problem?

Visitor
Message 47 of 286
Message 47 of 286

i have same issue.

One time poster
Message 48 of 286
Message 48 of 286

Same problem here.! Sony please do something.! Hear us out.! I tried to email support about this problem all i get is the same computer generated reply twice.! It doesn't help at all.!
One time poster
Message 49 of 286
Message 49 of 286

hi an using an Xperia V and the screen goes black every time I touch the dial key. the call is only processed maybe 30minutes later
One time poster
Message 50 of 286
Message 50 of 286

I had the problem with black screen when started call and before put the phone to my ear and the problem was the screen protection plastic on brand new handset - I havent got the regular screen protector. When I took the plastic, off screen started to work. Before that I had to press twice the power button to wake up screen.